Totally off topic....... puzzle

I saw a movie when i was a young kid... Marooned.
One of the Astonauts committed suicide this way in order for there to be enough air in the capsule for the other two to make it home safely.
Great movie!

He was poked by 480. No, His wife posioned him and he dropped the tool as he passed out. No. He's a reasearcher at the CDC and cut his protective suit and was killed by a super bug.

I give up..

bernie_carlton said:
I was thinking "in space" but the death wouldn't be "almost instantly". Possibly a race car driver.

Race car driver? Was he reaching for the tool and spilled his coffee in his lap? The tool was a cell phone and he wasn't watching where he was going?

There are actually several answers that would work for this. Most of the ones I can think of are already listed. I like the CDC guess, Mike.

When I first heard this one, I guessed painter (safety harness). But, what kind of safety harness would let go completely if you cut one of your sleeves?

AK

elevmike said:
Seemed pretty simple..I answered incorrectly the first time, then looked at the correct answer and it clicked.

This remindes me of a teacher at my kids school. On parent orintation the teacher wrote a few simple equations on the blackboard.

11+3=2 6+3=9 12-5=7 10+6=4 2-5=??

All the kids got it right away, while the parents, (all professionals) were baffeled. You'll figure it out, but when you do you'll wonder why you didnt see it right away....

Dang, my brain hurts.... :confused:

9????

Read all the posts again, there is a clue. It got me at first.
BTW 10+6=4 but 10-6=4 too

The rose thing my sister in law (Rose) showed me back in the 60's so didnt comment.

davidg68124 said:
Okay,

I think I get the clue, but I still do not 'see' the answer. Gosh, I got the other ones, but this one is giving me fits.

David

This clue might help... 12+12=12 and 12-12=12

🍻

-Eric

I must be at the very bottom!!!!!!!!!

Or it might be that IT just HITS you .... First try about 1/2 sec....