Touch Screen for Micrologix 1000

LWCiak

I am looking for an inexpensive (if there is such a thing) touch screen for my AB-ML-1000.
Advice and suggestion welcome
TIA
LW

I think they will not work with micrologix but i dont know for sure so i will suggest it anyway. Im sure someone here will straighten me out
Those panelviews for the connected components PLCs are very nice i think if you dont want any screens that are very elaborate. They have the programming software buitl right into them. I like that

This is one of those 'should I buy a Ford or a Chevy' questions: lots of strong opinions. Should be fun..

You could look at the Weintek/Maple Systems/KEP/Nematron HMIs. iE, iER series (made by Weintek and rebranded by the others). They have a 'cloud HMI' that looks cool but I have not used it yet. Easy to learn software, fast, lots of drivers for free (including DF1), rugged NEMA 4X, great resolution, bright. You can get a 7" HMI for under $400 - I've used lots of them with no failures yet.

+1 for Red Lion.
You didn't specify your budget but a G306 is about $850. I am sure the Kadet line is cheaper but the G Series is a very good product.

I am looking for an inexpensive (if there is such a thing) touch screen for my AB-ML-1000.

Anything exept a panel view lol

You may look into Red lion or Proface because i think the soft is free or sometimes basic model of well know companie like a KTP600 from Siemens or a Shneider but only is you already own the soft because it is sold.
IT's always fun to put a Siemens screen connected to an AB plc like having a GM 350cubic inch fitted in a Mustang :)

Red Lion. Kadet or G3. Software is not only free but so well designed and functional as is the hardware. Migrating from a PV300 Micro to a G304K was like switching from Pong to PS3. Turn on the power and it is running and talking to the SLC in about 5 seconds (Kadet) to 7 seconds (G3). Downloading changes incrementally is done even faster. The little G304k was so quick, it would change screens and operate on touches faster than you could hit the buttons. They are very accurate to the touch location out of the box making even full qwerty entry screens work well even on that tiny screen. I have never had to calibrate touch position on a Red Lion.

Anything exept a panel view lol

You are right about that... The PVc could be considered cheap, but when you factor in the feature set, its not apples to apples.. More like apples to mouldy pear.

Have had an Advantech panel come across my desk in the last few weeks, and am impressed by the bang for buck... The screen is a big determining factor for me, more pixels is good...

Advice and suggestion welcome
TIA
LW

With what you have provided, I'd look certainly at an EZ-Touch/CMore from Automation Direct.
They go together in a snap, and have features we're still waiting for from Milwaukee.
:)

You are right about that... The PVc could be considered cheap, but when you factor in the feature set, its not apples to apples.. More like apples to mouldy pear.

yeah, i was talking about pv+ because it is not cheap but if we talk about the component series, i just have to say:...never again!

Last edited: