Trouble with RSView32 Trending

redness81

Hello,

I am an equipment operator with little experience in PLCs and RSView32. The issue that I am having is this, I am attempting to add two additional parameters to be trended on a currently set up trend screen. The parameters that I am trying to add are monitored on the HMI just like the parameters that are already being trended, but when I add them to the trend screen the new parameters say "No Value".

Im not sure what Im missing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Operating System: Microsoft Windows
Version: 2000

HMI Software Package: RSView 32
Version: 7.0

I/O Comm. Driver: Kepware Server
Version: GE Fanuc Ethernet

PLC Software: Cimplicity ME
Version: 4.5

Last edited:
Are you using parameter files? Direct parameter passing in display command?

Can you post an example of the parameter file?

How are you getting to the "trend" screen? Is it a particular button? That is likely going to be passing the parameters or referencing a parameter file.

If using a parameter file - are they direct references to PLC tags, or are you using HMI Tags (that then point to PLC tags).

More info - better responses :)

I think xCommand0x is diving off the deep end based on your use of the word "parameter".

I think what you are referring to is just what we call a "tag". Is it possible for you to post a picture of the screen where you are adding this tag to the trend?

OG

Sorry, had no idea what information would be needed.

Yes, we are using parameter files. Ive discovered within the last few minutes that the tags that Im needing are not listed within the "Pen Configuration" tab drop down of the sysTrendsHistorical setup. Im guessing that if I can get the tags Im needing listed on the Pen Configuration drop down box then the issue will be resolved. Now, how to I go about adding tags to this location?

I also just discovered the DataLog.csv file. Can I just add the tags I need to that file?

I also just discovered the DataLog.csv file. Can I just add the tags I need to that file?
I think you have to add all Trend tags to the Data Log Model.

In the RSView tree menu, click on "Data Log, Data Log Setup", then in the right window, double-click on the name of your current Data Log Model (for example "RSVIEW"). On the pop-up menu "RSVIEW - Data Log Setup", click on "Tags in Model". Check the list to see if all Trending Pen tags are on the list. If not, add them in, then click "OK".

Now the Pen tags in your Trend will be saved in the Data Log file, so that you can view historical trends. Without the pen tags being recorded to memory, there is no Trend historical data to show.

I think you have to add all Trend tags to the Data Log Model.

In the RSView tree menu, click on "Data Log, Data Log Setup", then in the right window, double-click on the name of your current Data Log Model (for example "RSVIEW"). On the pop-up menu "RSVIEW - Data Log Setup", click on "Tags in Model". Check the list to see if all Trending Pen tags are on the list. If not, add them in, then click "OK".

Now the Pen tags in your Trend will be saved in the Data Log file, so that you can view historical trends. Without the pen tags being recorded to memory, there is no Trend historical data to show.

Thank you. I actually discovered this for myself just before end of business yesterday. This did resolve the issue.

Thank you, all!