Trying to teach Allen Bradley Servo Motors and Drives

tim_callinan

Hello Folks,
I teach a motors course at a local community college. We have the AC/three phase/VFD technology down but we're hearing a lot of our local industry go on about Allen Bradley Servos and drives, etc. Can anyone recommend a small Allen Bradley servo and drive that doesnt cost a fortune and can be controlled with a AB PLC?
Any advice is definitely appreciated.
Tim

Kinetix 5500 from Radwell, and an L32E.
Some other members here may have a better suggestion. I have limited experience to pull from.

Uh, the L32E cannot command motion over Ethernet.

If you want to be teaching motion over Ethernet, you will need something like the 1769-L30ERM with the K5500 (or K350).

If you don't care about motion over Ethernet (teaching motion instructions), you can use a drive like the Kinetix 300 and the L32E.