Unable to get online with a Slc 5/05

DUNK

I am having a hard time getting online with a SLC we have here. I am using a 1756CP3 cable and the DF1 driver. Every time I do an autoconfigure it cant find the baud and parity. What is up with this thing??

DUNK

The 232 port on this plc is plugged into a AIC module, which is communicating with a panelview. I have tried to plug in the front of the AIC module and do an auto config. still no luck. Have tried to unplug the cable from the 232 port on plc and auto config, still dont work. Do you have to have the machine program in order to get online with this thing? I have came across that problem with micrologix processors.

Or plus your ethernet cable into the plc and use the bootp software that comes with rslinx and assign it an IP and use the ethernet driver to get online.

Matthias, I am going to try to do that. One quesion... This wont effect the configuration of the 232 port will it?? This processor is working now and I would hate to have to explain to my boss that I crashed the communication on this thing. LOL

No, it wont effect the other port at all. You will need a switch or a cross over cable to hook up too it. By default the plc should have bootp on and with no IP address selected. Run the bootp server, wait for the bootp signal to pop up on the server, click it, assign it an IP (one that is in the subnet of the computer). You will need to add the ethernet devices on rslinx and assign the IP to a node on the configure drivers secion in linx as well. If you want to set the slc to auto negotiate, or to change its speed or duplex, you will need to power cycle the plc. This isnt need to just assign it an ip. This is the best way to get to the slc since your using the rs232 port for the PV.

matt

OK Matt...I went throught the BOOTP setup, but when I try to enable the BOOTP I keep getting a socket connect failed "MAC addy" error.

I would still try to configure a PIC driver but use the CP3 cable. Anytime I have a PV plugged into a 232 port I use the PIC driver. Once online via 232 then you can set the IP address and go that way.