Urgent help needed. What makes a PLC a PLC?

ArikBY

Your input was very helpfull. Thank you and everyone else that offered their opinions.

I am in a situation similar to that of g.robert.

We have a system with a few basic interlocks controlled by a series of relays. I would like to change to a "smart relay" but then we would have the customer spec monstrosity that deals with the usage of PLCs in the plants.

Originally posted by Stephen Luft

When a smart-relay takes away business from a micro PLC, one must conclude that it is a PLC.

Since the electro-mechanical relays take business away from a PLC, does that mean the relays ARE a PLC? :confused: They are "programmed" (with wiring) after all. :D

Just something else to weigh. :mad:

Similar Topics

I have an old PLC (circa 2007) consisting of Telemecanique/Modicon/Schneider Electric devices. The system has developed errors and unfortunately...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We are facing synching issues with redundancy module, where the Primary is ending up with disqualified secondary. Normally this would...
Replies
Views
Hello guys, So I uploaded the .exob, decompiled and made some changes then compiled and uploaded the project only to realize the buttons and...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I have an emerson Commander SK, 2.2 KW, 220 single phase drive that I'm having a problem with. So the drive was working fine and...
Replies
Views
Hello friend's i need help to rectify below error in my machine can anyone advice me how to do it??? Error code list[Error code 4103]...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom