URGENT Help Needed !

JanHoltz

Hi Guys,

I have a serious problem. Due to my own negligence and stupidity I damaged a MPL-4560F-M motor's encoder (SRM50-HFA0-K21). I bought a new encoder but no one informed me that it needs to be programmed. Now I have a Kinetix 350 drive and would like to know if there is a way to do it with the auto tuning feature? Or do I have to take it to a repair shop?

Is there any way I can do this on site as I really need to get this done this weekend or I am screwed :(

Any help would be appreciated thanks.

If nothing else you’ve exposed a weakness in the application in that there is at least one piece of equipment that cannot be repaired/replaced quickly. In other words, regardless of how it got damaged, it got damaged and the system can’t be brought back online quickly. Ideally all automation applications, baring catastrophic failure (fire, flood, etc…), should be able to have a failure that can be repaired/replaced quickly so the system isn’t down for anything more than a few hours.

Is the motor Encoder a separate entity to the motor?
I thought that the MPL series had the encoder integral to the motor?