Vijeo Designer Addressing

tomhelliwell

Hi all, im have a problem trying to address my tags to the PLC. I'm using Vijeo Designer 4.6 and a Magelis XBTGT7340 on Ethernet.
In the variables list I have setup the tag to 'external' and 'XWAY' (configured to the PLCS ip address). The problem occurs when trying to fill in the address field, I can only choose the following types:
%MWi
%KWi
%Mi
%Si
The address im wanting to tag is %Q0.5.1 how do i get the HMI to read this output?

Thanks

AFAIK you cant, you will have to map your Outputs to a %MW or similar and read the bits back in the HMI, for instance make %Q0.5.1 = %MW5.1 or %M1

What PLC are you using ?

The Vijeo Designer doesnot give you this ability...
Transfer Q0.X.Y to a certain MX (Ex MX15:=Q0.5.1) in the PLC program and make the tag for the MX in the Vijeo Designer