VLT2800 Danfoss Error 15

ibarra2

hi guys, i'm having a problem with this VLT2800, it is sending to me an "error 15" i need help.
(im from chile, and the technical assistance from Danfoss doesn't exist)
thanks!

Thanks Jkerekes.
The manual doesn't say how to solve it and recommend go to technical assistance but in my country we haven't technical assistance.

anyone please help me.
thanks.

ALARM 15: Switch mode fault
Fault in switch mode power supply (internal supply).
Contact your Danfoss supplier.
VLT2800 is dead order a new one.

I'd replace it with another brand. Danfoss drives are junk in my experience. They're bottom-dollar drives meant for people looking for the absolute lowest out-the-door price and they just don't perform. Plus, their support people are downright rude. I always dreaded calling them because they'd always be sarcastic and dismissive. They have a very "you're a ******* and I'm the smartest guy in the universe so consider yourself lucky I've decided to show you mercy today" attitude. So I would actually consider you lucky you don't have to deal with them.

We had a contractor use them on some Ammonia compressors. Within a year, we had the Danfoss technician in twice to replace the SSRs on one drive. They also ruined two of our Inverter-duty 350 HP motors. Last year when we had a heat wave one drive kept tripping out on high temp. Keep in mind this is a VERY BIG DEAL on an Ammonia compressor. These things can't just be stopped abruptly. There's a whole procedure to unload them. Anyway, drive kept tripping out. Found in the manual the reason: the drive is not rated to operate in temperatures above 95 F for more than 24 hours. Well, it was so hot out the heat outside wasn't dropping below 90 even at night. The compressor room of course always being hotter it wasn't a surprise.

Last edited: