Win CC Flex Faceplate

lucifer

Friends,

I am using Win CC Flex V1.0.0.0. It's running on HP Compaq , 512 MB, P4 3 GB and it's unbelievingly slow....but that's different matter..I see people have already talked on this and even 2 GB mem can not satisfy Flex.

I am finding it difficult to use the faceplate in Wincc Flex. It will be great if anybody could spare some time and explain it.

Thanks.

You could upgrade to WinCC flex 2005 and load the hotfix3. It doesn't make a huge difference in speed but does have some extra features.

What do you mean by faceplate?

Well, thanks for that advice.

And regarding Faceplates, I mean exactly what it sounds. Faceplates....used in all SCADA and DCS for PID, Motor and Valve blocks. There is a tab named Faceplate in Win CC Flex, has anybody used it?

Regards.

First, you must absolutely upgrade Win CC Flex.
The initial version was not only slow, but also very unstable.
The latest Win CC Flex 2005 is faster (*) and quite stable.

Second, Faceplates is a way to make reusable objects.
You create graphics and animations, and link these to tag placeholders.
Unfortunately, it is not all graphic objects that can be animated, the basic types lines, circles etc. cannot.
So at present it is best used for objects using buttons and i/o fields, PID or Motor faceplates f.ex.
The functionality should be expanded with coming versions of Win CC Flex, so all kind of reusable objects should be possible.

*: Even though the latest version is relatively faster than the previous versions, it is still slow and resource hungry when compared with "normal" programs.
Expect to use a fast PC with at least 1GB mem (2GB is better if you open two instances of Win CC Flex at the same time).