WinCC v7.2 and Windows 7

slp530

Hi. I have a problem with the security in WinCC 7.2 and Windows 7.
We have restricted access to several users i.e unable to alter parameters etc. Everything is working as expected, but the problem occurs when we use 'ctrl+l' to bring up the logon box. This displays the Windows task bar, enabling the operators to access the windows system.They can then start WinCC Explorer giving access to the user administration in WinCC , thus allowing them to give themselves full access.

I have had a service request from Siemens answered on this problem and they tell the issue with the OS. In WinXP you could stop the taskbar from been on top of other windows , this has been removed in Win 7. If you select 'Autohide the task bar' when the logon on dialog is displayed ou move the mouse to the task bar and it displays.

Has anyone come across this problem and more importantly did you find a solution.

I hope this make sense.

Regards
Steve