Numeric Input Overwriting

earlgray

My project requires that a pop up map pass a number or display a numeric display . While also someone should be able to enter the map number into a keypad and the number display. It basically two different ways to get to the same result. "click the map and get the number or type it in"

Here is the problem. When I type the number into the keypad that number overwrites my essential map value number. I understand it is because I am using the same tag in every location. How would I go about fixing this problem ?

/sigh.
Software?
What do you mean the "Same tag in every location" ?
If you have the same tag everywhere, then everything will have the same number displayed.

Yes it the same project . I am still using Factorytalk ME.

When using the map , numeric input and numeric display I used all the same connection tags. That is the reason why I am having a overwriting issue.

Yes it the same project . I am still using Factorytalk ME.

When using the map , numeric input and numeric display I used all the same connection tags. That is the reason why I am having a overwriting issue.

Try doing as i said, use two tags. One for inputting & one used for display

I'm guessing this is homework right?