Siemens S7-300 upload and merge question

richxie

Question of Siemens S7-300: I have a copy of the program (dated 2002), but I'm not sure it's the same in the PLC. How can I get online with this copy without losing descriptions? Is there a upload & merge function?

you can compare online/offline blocks if you are not sure if your backup is up to date..

Simply click on 'Blocks' on the left side of Simatic Manager Menu and then click Options/Compare Blocks.

If you want to compare only one block, you can select it and so the same thing.

Thank you emokar.
I did the blocks compare, and found differences. What can I do now? I tried upload. It just created another program in Simatic Manager.

What will the "update" button do in the "blocks compare" window? Does it upload or download? I don't want to change logics in PLC, but how can I get all FBs and FCs out?

If I'm thinking the correct thing, the update your talking of is when you have both blocks open side by side.

If that's the case, it does a re-compare after you have maybe modified a part of the code as per the PLC. It the shows you if the blocks are the same or other differences.