Siemens-300 and ASi. Need help..

Jim.M

Hello,

Right now im sitting here reading manual after manual from siemens.. This far i have now understod how to setup the AS-i slaves in "hardware config". But i cant really understand how to setup My AS-i Safety Monitor in step7.

I downloaded a sample project from Siemens.. but there where loads of blocks.. and I got really disorientated :oops:

I need an expert in this..o_O

There must be an easier way to setup ASI nodes and ASI monitor ???o_O

// Jim

Last edited:
Hi

I've done a project with the safety monitor connected to an S7-315 CPU long time ago. After doing an Upload of the AS-I slaves it configured itself.

The safety monitor runs it's own program. So I didn't use any of the S7 blocks. The AS-I master is only configured in my hardware config, in S7 I didn't program anything. The safety monitor does it's work to create emergency stops. I took feedback with a digital input.

Using the S7 blocks it for communication with the AS-I monitor, but it's not necessary for me.

Hello,

Right now im sitting here reading manual after manual from siemens.. This far i have now understod how to setup the AS-i slaves in "hardware config". But i cant really understand how to setup My AS-i Safety Monitor in step7.

I downloaded a sample project from Siemens.. but there where loads of blocks.. and I got really disorientated :oops:

I need an expert in this..o_O

There must be an easier way to setup ASI nodes and ASI monitor ???o_O

// Jim