Siemens S7 300 support

Post some screen shots of your hardware configurations

Do these CPU's already have profibus slaves attached?

He gives zero information
What if the cpu's are. 315-2 and a 312?

The dp coupler advice won't work

Last edited:
He gives zero information ...

Not quite.
We know he will use a violet screened 2 leader cable.
icon10.gif

Dear Kalle

Yes, via the programming interface, MPI.
Also will you suggest me which SFC's i should use and how these sfc works in the code.
It will helpful if u kindly explain along with example. Pls Waiting for your responses

S7-300 PLC support

I meant buy a DP coupler

Dear Peter
Am not using DP/DP Coupler
First time am using two PLC of same model CPU-215-2DP in which one is master and one is slave.
The situation is as follows
i have four signals in which two inputs - Door open, door close
two Outputs - Door open, door close

Am giving the input command to one plc and based on my logic the plc generate the output and this output i want to transfer to other plc through profibus cable via MPI ports or DP Ports b/w two plc. Also i want some signals back from this plc to my master plc.

Hope this will help you to understand my case and am waiting for your responses.

Hi want to communicate the two CPU's via Inbuit DP ports on each CPU via Profibus Cable, in which one is Master and One is slave. Also am not using any DP/DP coupler and CP Module.
I want to know which SFC's i should call and how to give address to these module and how i/p and O/p will get recognize in both the CPU's

Pls reply waiting for your responses and answers

So you didn't bother to examine the link I posted?

You need no sfb/c's. Configure the IO range on the slave and the master as described here in the link I posted above. Search for the example "Direct data exchange (internode communication) between two CPU modules".

Kalle

First time am using two PLC of same model CPU-215-2DP in which one is master and one is slave.

If you are using S7-215-2DP CPUs in your project, they can only be setup as Profibus-DP slaves, so the situation described earlier is impossible.
You still use the Profibus cable and connectors if you use the S7-200 PPI networking instructions NETW/NETW, see the online help of Microwin to find further information.
Or follow this link for the system manual:
System Manual S7-200 - Siemens Automation and Drives Group

Note however that the S7-215-2DP was discontinued quite a few years ago. What version of MicroWin do you plan to use in order to program these CPUs?

Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier