CLX Generic Ethernet Module - Hilscher NT50 Comms

rdombek778899

I'm using a Controllogix 1769-L24ER-QBFC1B and trying to setup a Generic Ethernet Module to communicate to a Hilsher NT50 ethernet I/P to Profibus-DP adapter. I've entered the Assembly instances and sizes according to the Hilscher document, but am getting the following Module fault in RSLogix5000 in the 'Connection' tab for the module:

[Code 16#0128] Connection Request Error: Invalid input size

Not sure where to go from here. Any suggestions/help would be greatly appreciated. o_O

I deleted the module and used Hilscher's EDS file, then created a new module where I found the Hilscher NT50 in the list. In the configuration for the module I selected Disable keying and entered just the number of input/output sizes 88/84 according to Hilscher's document. They did specify Assembly Instances of 101 (input), 100 (output) and 102 (configuration), but there is no where to enter this info....However, when I downloaded, the module came up as "Running", so I believe I'm good to go so far. I don't get the yellow triangle over the module anymore while online.

Depending on the version number of you RSLogix5000 you may be able to import the EDS file and use it. Hilscher has a White paper specifically telling you to add 4 bytes on the input for the V20.3 and older Versions of RSLogix5000. You are always able to call us for support on 630-505-5301 to assist you in configuring our devices or any other questions. Please do call.