1747-AENTR IO Comm Fault

danwilsonbsee

I am in the process of upgrading a SLC 5/05 to CompactLogix (1769-L18ER-BB1B) and using a 1747-AENTR to run the SLC IO. It's a 13 slot rack and I am consistently getting IO cards 10-12 having comm errors (the cards in question are a 1746-NI4 in S10/S11 and a 1746-OAP12 in S12), . Is there any documentation about the RPI suggested settings for the IO modules in a rack using a AENTR? By default they are all set at 20ms but my assumption is that must be much higher. Have any of you run into comm issues with this default setup?

I have not run into that be 20ms update time is very shot most defaults for the Compactlogix is 100ms I would try and increase the update time to 100ms and see what happens

Welp - should have tried this first. For some reason deleting and re-adding the modules that were automatically generated fixed the issue. Called tech support like a dummy and they said this has happened before. Thankfully you don't have to delete all the tags, just the module and it re-added seamlessly. Downloaded and poof - all my IO is happy as a clam.