1747-SN vs 1747-AENTR

Fourpaw

Hey all... looking for some advice.

SLC 5/05 - the hope is to gradually phase logic and I/O over to a 1769-L27ERM using the existing SLC I/O (for now) as an I/O rack. There are a couple SLC specialty cards that I'm reading are NOT compatible - a 1747-SN card, and a 1747-SDN card.

Not too worried about the D-Net card, but the RIO scanner is talking to a few Fanuc RJ1 Robots and those comms are not upgradable. Am I dead in the water with this solution? Is there another option? The issue is timing... we will only have a few hours here or there to work on running/testing the new program, then we would revert back to the SLC 5/05 to run production.

Thanks,

You could use a 1756 ControlLogix instead of a CompactLogix, and install a classic 1756-DHRIO configured as a RIO Scanner to interface with those robots.

Or, you could use the Prosoft/QTS standalone EtherNet/IP -> RIO gateway module. That can be configured for several different RIO modes, including RIO Scanner.

One of the neatest things that ANX module can do is run in "ghost mode" where it will listen to the I/O data on an existing RIO link and present it to your ControlLogix/CompactLogix so you can test your converted logic. It's very useful for short-window migration projects.