1756-hsc losing pulse

Why is your rollover set to to 34 ? What are you trying to do with this axis ?

If the problem seems to correlate to grounding, you're going to have to improve the grounding and shielding of your encoder and machine in general.

Do you have the encoder cable routed away from noise-generating or high-power AC cables (like the motor cable itself) ?

Why is your rollover set to to 34 ? What are you trying to do with this axis ?

If the problem seems to correlate to grounding, you're going to have to improve the grounding and shielding of your encoder and machine in general.

Do you have the encoder cable routed away from noise-generating or high-power AC cables (like the motor cable itself) ?

The encoder is very hot and faulted, it looks like the encoder's problem, I am thinking 250 ppr is too high, we need to buy low ppr encoder for example 28 or 32 etc. how do you think?

The resolution of the encoder should have nothing to do with its temperature or performance.

What voltages is the encoder rated for ? If you were running a 5V or 12V encoder at 24V DC you might have damaged it.

What is the purpose of this encoder and HSC module ?