1769-IF4XOF2 - Setting up analog in

YES! that is the exact same thing I am getting. Now I am getting something but It seems to be set for 0-10 because when I lift the wire it goes low but around 6000 counts. When I wire it up its at max, so its working on some level...

I don't see those settings in my project with the low-res module. I only see them if I add the fast module which is not the module from your original post. Confirm which physical module you have. Have you measured the actual current with a meter?

Edit: I'm guessing you actually have the fast module and it's not being properly configured with the wrong module in the tree.

Another edit: although, would that show as a module mismatch? Maybe not if keying is disabled...

Last edited:
I don't see those settings in my project with the low-res module. I only see them if I add the fast module which is not the module from your original post. Confirm which physical module you have. Have you measured the actual current with a meter?

Sounds like it's the low-res model, I misread the model number and put in the fast module.

I'm guessing it just reads 0-20mA or 0-10V based on whether you're wired to the V or I input terminals and then you have to scale that to your engineering units in the program.

Its the weirdest thing. This should be easy.

When I set up the SCL I set the minEU to 0 and the maxEU to 200 but it goes back to default at 12...? I don't get it.

Its the weirdest thing. This should be easy.

When I set up the SCL I set the minEU to 0 and the maxEU to 200 but it goes back to default at 12...? I don't get it.

Is something else writing into the register you're outputting to in your SCL? I typically use SCP instead of SCL, I find it a bit easier to use. In the CompactLogix project I'm looking at, I did have to create an AOI for SCP.

No. Nothing else writing to the register. I don't have an SCP. The main program is calling for the function block task but I wonder if I am missing something else.

Do I add it to the expansion I/O or right click the controller?

Now things are even more unclear. Are you using one SCL for multiple instances? Is the raw data from the input not actually full scale and what you see looking at the SCL is being overwritten? In the IO tree if it's local you would right click on the processor to add the module. If it's on a 1769-AENTR remote rack, you would right click on that module after drilling down through Ethernet to reach it.

It is local. There's no remote IO. Studio does not allow me to highlight the processor to add the card. I can add it to the 1769 bus or the Expansion I/O.

I am just using one SCL to scale the analog data. I am not sure what you mean by multiple instances. Its just CH 0 coming in and a Real going out.

Do you have the end cap in place?
Appears from the manual you are wired correctly for 0-20 mA input.
0-20 mA = 0 to 31104 counts
Is the transmitter set to 0-20 mA output?
I think the module is slot 1 as the processor is slot 0, not sure?
Local:1:I.Ch0Data = Data for input Channel 0

Yes, end cap is in place? How do you post pictures on here without using a link?

Transmitter is 4-20 mA. I think its the correct channel because when I lift the wire and put on another input to test, its goes to 5300 counts, which is strange (should be 0) but it tells me its working on some level.

The -L24ER-* CPUs have some embedded IO. The L24ER-QBFC1B has discrete IO in slot 1, analog in slot 2, and an HSC in slot 3. Since he added his module to slot 2, I'm *assuming* he has the -L24ER-QB1B that only has embedded discrete IO that shows up as slot 1.

What raw value do you see in the tag Local:2:I.Ch0Data?

Yes, it is absolutely Slot 2. I have a meter that can source voltage and it is reading exactly what it should be. Not mAs on the mA input....