A Free HMI with Eye Catching Graphics is Now Available

Thanks for the answer, is there any plans on getting support for siemens?
It's been in the plans for quite a while so I'm not sure when it will get done. Most of the drivers are developed based on our needs for current projects and we have no projects in the pipeline for Siemens, so the driver will only get developed during the down time between projects and that means it could take years.

Yes, in you project.
I think you have to import it though. I don't have the file on this device, but if I get a chance will try & get it to you.

Yes, but I wanted to know if this is sufficient to get the AdvancedHMI to talk to my s7-1200 or I need something else?

That is all you need, sort of.
What you will need to work out, is how to translate the Modbus register addressing in AdvancedHMI to the %MW in the S7-1200, bearing in mind the Byte based nature of the S7.
I do have a formula which worked for me mostly, will try & post it.
Maybe send me a PM as reminder

Edit:
I see the example has a db block that helps with the translation. I didn't see this when I did mine, & think I had other requirements..
But, that makes it even easier.

Thanks, maybe I'll try to bring home one s7-1200 to experiment with. Not to familiar with s7-1200 modbus and the diffrent addressing in s7-1200 compared to AdvHmi. I'll post a reminder if I get in more trouble

Some hints when using Modbus with AdvancedHMI.....

The most common addressing is supported such as:

The default are signed integers, but you can force it to use unsigned by preceding the address by a "U". For example:

U40001

32 bit integers and 32 bit floating point are also supported by using prefixes:

F40001
L40001

Keep in mind that you are using 4 bytes, so L40001 may overlap L40002. Based on the device you are using. The consecutive 32 bit values may be L40001 and L40003

If you want to force a particular function number, then specify the function followed by a ":". for example:

3:0001

You just need to add the block and then set the start of the Modbus memory area.
In the attached you can see that the start of the Modbus memory area is %MW0 and the length is 20 Words.

So if you want to read %MW0 you have to set the PLCAdressValue of a control in AdvancedHMI to read register 40000. The last register you can read will be 40020.

S-1200 TCP.png