A Free HMI with Eye Catching Graphics is Now Available

I followed your instructions but I'm getting an error when I replace this line...

Dim counter1 As Integer = EthernetIPforSLCMicroCom1.Read("N7:0")
with this line
Dim counter1 As Integer = OpcDaCom1.Read("N7:0")

I get this error:
Error BC30455 Argument not specified for parameter 'numberOfElements' of 'Public Function Read(startAddress As String, numberOfElements As Integer) As String()'

If I add the the EthernetIPforSLCMicroCom1 component and enter your code exactly I don't get any errors.

thanks!

You may try something like this:
Code:
Dim counter1 As Integer = Convert.ToInt16(OpcDaCom1.Read("N7:0", 1))

EDIT: I had the conversion going backwards.

Last edited:
Error on installing AdvancedHMI

Gents,
I've created an AdvancedHMI application which runs great on some laptops, and some of them I got an error message during installing.
The error message is:
"Unable to install or run the application. The application requires that assembly OpcNetApi Version 2.1.105.1 be installed in the Global Cache (GAC) first."
I searched the forum but could not find an answer or solution.
Can somebody point me to a solution?

All operating systems are W7 64 bit.
AdvancedHMI version is V3.87

Thanks in advance!

Jack

Gents,
I've created an AdvancedHMI application which runs great on some laptops, and some of them I got an error message during installing.
The error message is:
"Unable to install or run the application. The application requires that assembly OpcNetApi Version 2.1.105.1 be installed in the Global Cache (GAC) first."
I searched the forum but could not find an answer or solution.
Can somebody point me to a solution?

All operating systems are W7 64 bit.
AdvancedHMI version is V3.87
Are you using an OPC Server?

Just an FYI, version 3.87 is quite an old version.

Hi Archie,

I tried the latest version also, but this shows error messages on every tag.
As I had success with version 3.87 in the past, I used this one with success on some laptops, other not...

The laptops where the app is working perfect are all laptops with a full installed RSLinx version.
So I tried to solve the problem by installing RSLinx lite, this was unsuccesfull..

I tried the latest version also, but this shows error messages on every tag.
As I had success with version 3.87 in the past, I used this one with success on some laptops, other not...

The laptops where the app is working perfect are all laptops with a full installed RSLinx version.
So I tried to solve the problem by installing RSLinx lite, this was unsuccesfull..
Are you using OpcDaCom instead of one of the native drivers?

OpcDaCom...???
Never heard about.

I never had this kind of issues with AdvancedHMI in the past, just run the setup, and job done!
In mean time I've also tried version 3.23 which worked also perfect in the past, and this gives the same error message now.

OpcDaCom...???
Never heard about.

I never had this kind of issues with AdvancedHMI in the past, just run the setup, and job done!
In mean time I've also tried version 3.23 which worked also perfect in the past, and this gives the same error message now.
If you are not using the OpcDaCom driver, then RSLinx should have no relevance and even run without it installed completely.

When you say "run setup", are you using the Publish.

I use the Publish button to create the application file to install the application on other PC's.
And when I say "run setup", I mean the setup created with the Publish function.

Last edited:
I use the Publish button to create the application file to install the application on other PC's.
And when I say "run setup", I mean the setup created with the Publish function.
I always recommend to avoid using the Publish because it has some quirks that will cause you problems if you do not know about all of them.

This is the best practice to avoid any issues:

http://advancedhmi.com/forum/index.php?topic=14.0

I'm not sure what you mean with "complete solution"...
Do mean the .sln file?
Complete solution is everything, the sln file and the 3 directories. Essentially a complete backup of your solution.

A situation this works well is when there are multiple people making modifications. If everyone follows this practice and any future modifications are started with the solution that was copied to the target PC, then you know you always have the latest version. Think of it as using something like a panelview and first uploading from the panelview before making changes.

This practice also guarantees compliance with the GPL licensing.

Frequently I am asked if there are any sample AdvancedHMI projects to look at in order to get ideas of how to create HMIs. I have posted several projects in the past, but they were geared to specific tasks or complicated tasks. I have recently posted a project that demonstrates how to easily create a complex HMI using AdvancedHMI (and without writing code). This is not just a demo, but a real application being used to operate a $2 million machine. This application consists of 16 pages including 2 trend charts. It demonstrates a number of AdvancedHMI principles such as:

- Using an INI file (CLX.ini) to set the driver IP address
- Using txt files to define messages and colors for MessageDisplayByValue
- Navigation using FormChangeButtons
- Using panels with back ground graphics
- ChartByArray to display trends
- Little to no code writing. Only a single line of VB code was written for the complete application ("Close") used to exit the app for updating
- BasicButtons using ValueWrite (used on top of screen to select press number)
- Using folders in Solution Explorer to organize forms

This can be downloaded from the link below. The name is AdvancedHMIClxSampleNoCode.zip , If you download this solution, be sure to Rebuild Solution before opening any forms.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/advancedhmi/files/advancedhmi/3.5/SampleProjects/

PressCrop.png