A Free HMI with Eye Catching Graphics is Now Available

Which version of VB did you create this with? I currently have 2010, and it wont open.
I use Visual Studio 2015 Community Edition. It should open with 2010, but you would need to install the service pack:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=23691

This is actually going to be the last version of AdvancedHMI that will guarantee support for 2010, so I have been recommending to everyone to upgrade to VS2015:

https://www.visualstudio.com/en-us/products/visual-studio-community-vs.aspx

Love-love-love this HMI! I am a little stuck on something though. I have an Omron NJ101-9000, using FINS with Sysmac Studio and all is well except I can't figure out how to get my strings from the Omron to display on the HMI. It produces a numeric value as opposed to text. Within a couple minutes I was controlling the Omron NJ with your HMI. Really nice. Thank you Archie. 🍺

Love-love-love this HMI! I am a little stuck on something though. I have an Omron NJ101-9000, using FINS with Sysmac Studio and all is well except I can't figure out how to get my strings from the Omron to display on the HMI. It produces a numeric value as opposed to text.
The Omron drivers do not support string directly, but I'm sure I can come up with some way to read it as integers, then convert it to strings.

I've never used the NJ controller, does it support a string data table or is it stored in something like a "D" data table?

That is what I am trying to ascertain as I write. I am trying to use a "D" data table however, it may not be the correct way to do it, and that is why I am getting numeric values and nothing alpha.

That is what I am trying to ascertain as I write. I am trying to use a "D" data table however, it may not be the correct way to do it, and that is why I am getting numeric values and nothing alpha.
You will need to convert the integers to a string. Here is a function that will convert the values into a string:
Code:
    Private Function ConvertIntsToString(ByVal ints() As String) As String
        '* Convert values to an array of bytes
        Dim ByteArray(ints.Length * 2 - 1) As Byte
        For i = 0 To ints.Length - 1
            '* Upper byte
            ByteArray(i * 2) = CByte((CInt(ints(i)) >> 8) And 255)
            '* Lower byte
            ByteArray(i * 2 + 1) = CByte(CInt(ints(i)) And 8)
        Next

'* Convert the array of bytes to a string
        Dim result As String
        result = System.Text.Encoding.UTF8.GetString(byteArray)

Return result
    End Function

Try this to test it out:

- Add a Button to your form from the All Windows Forms group
- Double Click the button to get back to the code
- Enter this code:
Code:
    Private Sub Button1_Click(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click
        Dim values() As String = OmronEthernetFINSCom1.Read("D0", 10)
        Button1.Text = ConvertIntsToString(values)
    End Sub

Below that copy and paste the function from above.

Run the app and click the button to see if the text changes.

If I right click the MainForm and View Code, this is what I see:
Code:
    Private Sub Button1_Click(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click
        Dim values() As String = OmronEthernetFINSCom1.Read("D0", 10)
        Button1.Text = ConvertIntsToString(values)
    End Sub

Private Function ConvertIntsToString(ByVal ints() As String) As String
        '* Convert values to an array of bytes
        Dim ByteArray(ints.Length * 2 - 1) As Byte
        For i = 0 To ints.Length - 1
            '* Upper byte
            ByteArray(i * 2) = CByte((CInt(ints(i)) >> 8) And 255)
            '* Lower byte
            ByteArray(i * 2 + 1) = CByte(CInt(ints(i)) And 8)
        Next

'* Convert the array of bytes to a string
        Dim result As String
        result = System.Text.Encoding.UTF8.GetString(byteArray)

Return result
    End Function

64807f5ac4f01.png

Honestly excellent program has provided a lot of effort and time has been linked to the program b plc Dalta
I want a bundle plc LS XGB

64807f5ac4f01.png

Honestly excellent program has provided a lot of effort and time has been linked to the program b plc Dalta
I want a bundle plc LS XGB