Assigning an ARRAY of an UDT DATALIST (S7)

Combo said:
And how shoould I show this, make screens with 20 fields / screen ?

Here is an example of what it could look like.

Log125.jpg

hmm

I know there is something in flexible about multiplex...

but, I don't understand how it works...

Bratt said:
No! The tags are multiplex tags and they are calculated depending on the current screen number.

The problem with multiplex tags

is that they eat Power Tags like nobody's business. I eventually gave up using Multiplex Tags and went over to doing the Multiplexing in the PLC.

Apart from anything else, it's actually easier to understand. Just assign a memory area to the screen (Marker or DB as you prefer) and then according to Screen number copy the appropriate data to the memory area.

Actually there are TWO kinds of multiplex tags. This not counting multiplexing in the PLC.

There is the strictly controlled kind of multiplexing, where you setup a list of tags that a control tags switches between. This definitely eats a lot of tags, and is a chore to setup.
I never use this.

Then there is the "simpler" kind of multiplexing.
You simply setup a tag, and in the address specification you may write for example
DB[MultiPlexControlTag1] DBW2
DB10 DBW[MultiPlexControlTag2]
DB[MultiPlexControlTag1] DBW[MultiPlexControlTag2]
This does not eat tags, but you should manually put limits on the control tags so that you do not try to access outside what actually is addressable.
I use this some times.

JesperMP said:
Then there is the "simpler" kind of multiplexing.
You simply setup a tag, and in the address specification you may write for example
DB[MultiPlexControlTag1] DBW2
DB10 DBW[MultiPlexControlTag2]
DB[MultiPlexControlTag1] DBW[MultiPlexControlTag2]
This does not eat tags, but you should manually put limits on the control tags so that you do not try to access outside what actually is addressable.
I use this some times.

This is the kind of multiplexing i used in the example. A script was called every time the PageUp/Down was pressed and the offset for the tags is calculated based on the screen number. Easy to add or remove items and or pages. If you dont have scripts move the offset calculation to the plc

:)

I was thinking in the same way :)

RMA said:
is that they eat Power Tags like nobody's business. I eventually gave up using Multiplex Tags and went over to doing the Multiplexing in the PLC.

Apart from anything else, it's actually easier to understand. Just assign a memory area to the screen (Marker or DB as you prefer) and then according to Screen number copy the appropriate data to the memory area.

I need 1000 batches

This means 1000 records with 20 Double Integers.

This means 4 * 20 * 1000 = 80000 Bytes. To much for 1 DB as Bratt mentioned...

Could I write the same thing with 20 DB's and a list of 1000 DINT in each DB ?

If yes, then the shifting will be a little easier I think, no ?