bonding systems

randy

Supporting Member
To the Electrical Engineers,

This topic has nothing to do with PLC’s, but I need some electrical professional help with this safety issue.

I am a Process Control Technician and I have recently started working for a food flavor and seasoning company. This company this located in the Cincinnati area. In one of there processes they are using 190 proof Ethyl Alcohol, which fall into Class 1 Group D of the NEC. I noticed that there were NO bonding strap being used on the equipment. I also noticed that when they fill the 300-gallon mixing tanks from 50 gallon barrels of alcohol, lifted with the forklift, they are bonding the barrel to the forklift. How would this prevent electrostatic form traveling or jumping arc? I though you were suppose to use earth ground.

Thanks

Randy

Randy

My advice to you get good safety counselor to examine the process
and give you his opinion.
Any thing we would say might be not responsible.with out examine the process.

take care