Equipotential Bonding

Drippin

Wow, did you see the terrible accident in Seattle:

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=argFhVY_qDA8&refer=home

I'll bet I'm not the only process electrician that has been tasked with checking/replacing bonding straps in a dries plant today!

Does anybody else have experience of ATEX rated areas? Currently we have no offical rating displayed in the area concerned. The management are thinking about banning mobile phones in the area (probably a good idea) but then we still alow electric fork lift trucks and normal BS1361 socket outlets in there - madness!

Oh well............

Similar Topics

Hi all. I have never given grounding much thought, apart from that there must be a "good" grounding covering the entire plant. I though that a...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Hoping some of you have some recommendations for an all in 1 tester, the most well known brand here is megger so 1 by those would be great...
Replies
Views
I'm doing some work preparing for adding some concrete patios. Im running conduit underground in preperation of a future garage. I'm also going...
Replies
Views
Could someone confirm this please. If I need to use a 600 to 240 step down transformer i need to bond leg 2 and leg 3 to ground correct? See...
Replies
Views
To the Electrical Engineers, This topic has nothing to do with PLC’s, but I need some electrical professional help with this safety issue. I...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom