Changing a file type from BAK to ACD

fishenguy

I received the program for a compactlogix plc in the form of a BAK file. How do I change the file extension from .BAK to .ACD so I can open it in Studio 5000?
Thanks,
Dave

If it is just projectname.bak you can use Windows Explorer to "Rename" the file, changing the .BAK file extension to .ACD

But for many revisions now, the backup files adopted a different naming convention.....

ProjectName.ComputerName.CurrentUser.BAKxxx.ACD

where xxx is the sequential backup number 000 to 999

These backup files can be opened directly in RSLogix/Studio5000 because they have the extension .ACD

Similar Topics

Hi-there is an A-B binary clock download on this site that I am trying to view with my logixpro simulator cd. Is this possible to do? I have a...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys: PLC Klockner Moeller now Eaton. I need to updload (rockwell terminology) the program inside this plc. My customer wants to replace it...
Replies
Views
hi guys I was wondering if anyone knows of a video that shows you how tk convert ppv runtime to apa file for a back up , I was asked by a...
Replies
Views
Hi to all. We need to change a bad powerFlex 525 to a new one. How do you save the configuration to install in the new one? Thank you all for...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am having an issue where some of my HMI push Buttons and Indicators go in to error when I navigate to a new screen. I am using a...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom