Changing Decimal Position with Siemens

How right you are again. Here is the step by step pix and the text file that was cut and pasted from the "Sources" folder. To put it into a project, just copy it, paste it to a new STL souce file and the compiler with create it. Works great for transfering files. They are small and take the documentation with them. Works good for ladder also.

That works

What I like is that I can change the FC or FB number before I compile it. That way it will not have a conflict with some other FC in my project. It find the ability to take STL in text form an converting it to LAD to be amazing.

I don't have SCL or the graphic software. Do they also get converted to STL in ascii form? Can STL be converted back to SCL? Do Germans opcodes get transalated in to English and visa versa?

I agree. The files should be kept in ascii/text form if possible.

I am still thinking.

SCL can be converted to STL, but not STL to SCL. The OP codes display in the language selected, that is true with all programs. The comments and symbol table stay as they were. You can copy and paste them to Excel, edit them and return them. This would allow OEM's to have comments and symbols in multimple languages. You must keep the same cell format. Check out the attached demo and you will see what I ment in the SCL to STL. If you remove the // in front of Know_How_Protect, it is protected. I do know the back door to unprotect them though. It keeps the honest people honest. You will notice that from the outside of the block, LAD, STL, SCL, etc all look the same. If you were to KHP the blocks, you would have to look at the block properties to see what they were developed with.