Compactlogix to panelview

jcfkevin

Is there a problem talking to a DINT from a Timer.PRE in RSLogix5000's map message table to a DINT in PanelBuilder32? I have never used RSLogix5000 and my tech is in the field saying he cannot access the timer presets. Thanks!

In RSlogix5000 select from the menu Logic -> Map PLC/SLC. This is where you will set up mapping tables for legacy devices to communicate with the CLX. There is more information availalbe in the help files and online books under mapping.

I was able to do this, but the problem I have is reading DINT's. The help does not cover much. Can I read/write a DINT or just INT's?

Thanks

What kind of network are you talking on?
I usually just type in the EXACT tag address in PB32. It will compile and see the tag used in the Controllogix processor.

This portion is serial. The timers are now working, however he changed the data type to SINT, which should not deliver the correct data. I am lost as to why this is working. I told him to change it to an INT and see if he still gets the same results. He is also going to limit the input range and test high and low values. If SINT works, then it works.

I looked in my PB32 program, and the associated LGK5 program, and I directly address all of the tags. I don't use the old timer.pre tags from SLC-land. Use the direct tags from the controller.

I do not think that direct tag reference is an option with a serial standard Panelview. You have to use the plc/slc data table mapping and the values need to be 16 bit INT or REAL. There are some limitations on data types when using RS232 or DH485 panelviews and a Logix controller.

I know this is documented I have read it before. I just looked for it and could not find it, but I know it is there.

RSL