Connection Issue With Digi One IAP & Micrologix 1200

rguimond

Lifetime Supporting Member
I've encountered an issue with a Digi One IAP Serial-to-Ethernet Bridge connected to a Micrologix 1200. It's been operating for several months without issue. This week, however, I can't go online with the PLC. It shows up in RSLinx as being online, with a status of "Remote Run", just like the other PLCs on the network.

Attempting to go online gives and error message "DiagnosticStatus failed: 0x4". Searching this forum and elsewhere suggests reinstalling RSLinx, which I've done without success.

I can successfully go online with this 1200 from another PC through the bridge.

I can also go online with several other 1200s equipped with Digi One IAPs from the same PC I'm having the connection issue with.

Rebooting the PLC and IAP doesn't help.

I seem to remember reading something about adding a suffix to the IP address when configuring RSLinx, but I can't find it.

Any suggestions?

I have the same issue with Digi One IAP network adapter and cant connect using Ethernet Drive.

What i did is download and Install Digi Real Port which is an RS232 port Emulator that connect over your network to the device.

After install it i only setup a DF1 driver on RSLinx, Select the Virtual Port and copy the configuration i have setup for RS232 port on Micrologix because autoconfiguration doesnt work.

Here is the installation guide of the software and how to connect.

http://ftp1.digi.com/support/documentation/90000644_a.pdf

I hope this info is usefull for someone else because after 3 years i think you have another and better solution.