Eaton SMP 4260 and Ethernet/IP Protocol

Engineer_UA

Hello,
I noticed that SMP 4260 gateway doesn't list Ethernet/IP protocol as one of the available communications protocols. Does anyone know why this is so? I was looking at Allen Bradley HMI, and it utilizes the Ethernet/IP to communicate to other devices. Am I correct to say that the two devices can't talk to each other, since Eaton 4260 does not support Ethernet/IP?

Thank you,
EE

That's how I read the product data brocure for the SG-4260 as well. No mention of any Allen-Bradley related protocols.

Whatever benefits A-B HMI devices have, connecting to third-party devices is pretty meh, with a basic version of KepServer EX's client included with PanelViews.

You could use Modbus/TCP, I suppose.

Similar Topics

Hello, I’m new to this forum and if I’m posting incorrectly let me know. I’ve been having an issue I can’t seem to figure out. I’m sure it’s...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone: we have Baumuller AC drive BM4463 300A 160KW, it drives Baumuller AC motor DST2-315BO54W-020-5-A (90KW;RPM 200; 365V; 215A;83Hz)...
Replies
Views
Hello everybody, Since my experience is mainly with AB ladder I am having little bit of a problem with EasySoft.. Does anyone knows is there a...
Replies
Views
Good morning, i have a problem with panelmate 5000 pp. unfortunately I pressed the 3rd and 5th keys while booting the Panel. Now , the alternate...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone! So I'm trying to get different data from my Eaton DG1 VFD to my studio project. So far my research has led me to something called...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom