Ethernet connection to logix5434

nijaseng

hi guys. I am new in allen bradely.I want to communicate PG/PC to one flexlogix5434 model cpu through ethernet.Ethernet is also configured in controller,and having ethernet address of cpu . I have RSlogix 5000 and RS linx classic software in my PG.
One TP is there in network that allen bradely Panel view plus 700

How I can communicate with my CPU through Ethernet?

IF i used RS232 port then how i can communicate?

Which software is required to communicate with the tp

I think a lot of experienced 'guru's are visiting in this forum.
Your help will be highly appreciated

What have you tried?

PC to PLC - Same Subnet, different addresses, in RSLinx Classic, set up a communications driver for Ethernet/IP. You should be able to see the Flex Processor there.

Using a web browser, just type in the address of the Flex Processor, you should get it's default status page.

For RS232, configure an RS232-DF1 Driver.

The PanelView Plus is handled with the Transfer application, that installs with RSView Studio ME, but you will probably have to go to the terminal configuration (on the PV+ itself) and set an IP address/subnet first.

Dear Rast

I have tried to connect to CPU with ethernet/ip driver.But i could not communicate.
I have put the IP address there.But it was not getting connected . Can you guide me in details.

What are the following addresses:

IP of controller
Subnet Mask of controller
IP of Computer
Subnet Mask of Computer

To communicate to the controller with your PC, you will need RSLogix5000 and RSLinx.

Thank you for ur reply

I have a little bit progress now. IP and connections are OK now.But still iam struggling ie,my controller contains the firmware version 12.24
The message is showing for access this controller either need to update the controller firmware or install the Rslogix support for this firmware.
I am having the RSlogix 5000 software version is V15.02.00
how i will get the the support ?
Is it is available in any web link?
Or any other options?

Does the processor already have a program? or are you downloading one for the first time?

If downloading one for the first time, use the ControlFlash utility to flash the processor firmware to 15.x (should be included with RSLogix).

Then again, thinking about the rev in the processor, 12.24, it seems it must have an actual program (or, at the least, was used)... I don't recall CPU's shipping with that rev, unless it is something special in the FlexLogix series.

If you have a valid RSLogix 5000 package, and it is currently In Support, you can download earlier (or later) versions from the Rockwell Website. http://www.rockwellautomation.com/support/downloads.html
Select "Software Updates".

Dear rast

The CPU is already running. But I have to do some modification in the programme.I think if i will go with firmware upgradation then the programme will be erased? Am I right or wrong?
I have tried to upgrade my Rslogix 5000 . My software also liscenced. But I am new in this company. So I could not find out the registration details of the software.I have serial number. But it is asking the name of the person software which was registered .
Thank you for the valuable information which u provided to me

Yes, if you upgrade the processor, the current program will be wiped out.

Best bet, in any case, is try to find the Registrant of the Software, and DL the version you need, or find someone with it.

Prior to doing anything, especially a flash upgrade, I always take a complete upload from the processor, (tag values included) save it indicating the version number, and save it again with a different name indicating the target version number.

To upgrade the program, you need to open it in Logix, and change the controller properties to reflect the major version you are going to. Logix will auto convert. (Note, especially if going to Rev 16, there are some changes, mostly dealing with how the real time clock is based).

Next, preferably over Ethernet, use ControlFlash to upgrade the processor... DO NOT INTERRUPT THIS PROCEDURE UNTIL IT IS DONE OR YOU WILL MOST LIKELY TURN THE PROCESSOR INTO A BRICK.

Finally, download the upgraded program.