Fixed 5.24mA Output in Allen Bradley 1769-OF8C Module

Jose.Esteva

Hi everyone, Today I created an algorithm in the PLC of the pulp plant where I work at, what I need to do was to match the flow of a screw pump and a centrifugal pump, I matched my formulas but when I uploaded the rung to the PLC it does the calculation and the number of bits are correctly shown in the CPT block and in the Local:6:O.CH5Data when I go online, but the output of the module stays fixed in 5.24mA, I was searching in the forum and I found that it is a common issue to stay fixed in 12mA when you do configure the clamps wrong. I'm using a 1769-OF8C Module and the output is wired in the channel 5, all of the other channels are working perfectly.
My channel is enabled, Output Range: 4mA to 20mA, Data Format: Scaled to PID(I left it this way because all of the other outputs are configured like this, I even calculated the formula to match my pumps using 0 to 16383, I think this is to match the resolution of the module) Hold for initalitazion is disabled and the clamp limits are low:0 high:16383. The Controller is a 1769-L32E CompactLogix5332E revision 19.11
I have configured analog outputs before with this PLC with no issues, but I can't seem to find whats going on here:smas:. Can any of you PLC gurus help me?

Sorry I meant download, I downloaded the complete application and yes, when you make changes to the modules it has to reset the entire PLC.

Check to see if it is being use elseware

Double check to make sure it is not being overwritten somewhere else in the program.

Is the output it in a subroutine that is not getting called?

Do you have a spare channel to send it to?

I know exactly your problem. You set the module to 4 to 20ma but you didn't change the clamps on the other tab and they are still sitting at -10 to 10 which is the default for voltage. I've cursed AB many a time for this snafu.

I know exactly your problem. You set the module to 4 to 20ma but you didn't change the clamps on the other tab and they are still sitting at -10 to 10 which is the default for voltage. I've cursed AB many a time for this snafu.

Yeah. When I first encountered this problem, it was due to the default setting of the clamps.