Forum upgrade coming...

I liked having the "originally posted" date & time feature at the end of the summary on the thread list page. This was my indicator of whether this is an old thread reborn or a current one.

Thanks for the awesome site.

I liked having the "originally posted" date & time feature at the end of the summary on the thread list page. This was my indicator of whether this is an old thread reborn or a current one.

yes, I used it too. I'll add it back as soon as I figure out how I added it the first time...my old code isn't working o_O

I'll second this.

You also had a more convenient forum pump button at the end of a thread, to take you back.
Cursor bar is not visible. I can see it when dragging it across already type words but cannot any where else.

I liked having the "originally posted" date & time feature at the end of the summary on the thread list page.

fixed

You also had a more convenient forum pump button at the end of a thread, to take you back.
Cursor bar is not visible. I can see it when dragging it across already type words but cannot any where else.

1-fixed.
2- please explain cursor bar

Why does the calendar only go up through 2006? :unsure:

fixed

please explain cursor bar
Its the blinking bar indicating where the cursor is at when replying to a thread, will sometimes disappear. It seems to be working right now. Maybe its my computer or my tired eyes.

Last edited:
There used to be an accumulator of how many new posts have been made since the last time the site was visited.

Are there plans on duplicating that? How about changing the color of the "New Posts" link if there are new posts since the last visit?

There used to be an accumulator of how many new posts have been made since the last time the site was visited.

Believe it or not that's a major programming deal... (at least for hacker me that is :sick: )I'll have it running again in about a week.
I'll also fix the x number of members visited today counter.

After those I think all is back together again...

What about a beginners section? I often have to dig and search just to find simple answers on how to land a job with PLCs. you might be able to attract new people that want to stay. I'm just saying if I was doing a search for a site to learn about PLCs and I am new I did not see a need to sign up to your forum or I might be intimidated with all the technique issues some post.

Food for thought....🤾

I can't believe no one has suggested to have sub forums.
As some may know I frequent another automation forum where there are sub forums and I find it very pleasing to be able to not have to see the cluttered view of all new posts while I like I guess most people are only interested in certains brand or fields of automation.
I realize this involves having more mods to control the cross postings but I believe plcs.net also has a dedicated mod team?

I don't necessarily like the idea of sub forums - I have gleaned a lot from messages I would loose if there were subforums - just my 2 cents.🍻