forum upgrade... this weekend.

Phil Melore said:
The translation service does a translation as a 'guest'. The default view for guest is linear, so that's the reason.

Not much I can do about that.... sorry.

Yes know. Test translation for threads more 15 posts...
Guest -mode linear correspond view all one page. Only firts 15 posts, after last page... it not mode linear.
Check extense topic, observe visual mode indicacion and real mode work
Possible you reports, suport Vbulletin forum to get efetive help.Certain the correction is easy

Just one tought:

Only registered members can start new topic.

It is not very complicated to register, so if people want some help etc then why not just register first?

BR
Lauri

JesperMP said:
I have seen it several times. HERE is one of them.

Hi,
The top formatted that way because [LADDER was used instead of [LADDER-] (without the - )
Get rid of the typo and it should have posted fine for him.

The bottom is arial font with a size of 3. I would guess Peter selected it. Is it true Peter, if you're reading this?

And Peter, here is the code function:

Code:
  this is code text. (like ladder function but inside a window.)

I'm looking for it too. How about cut/paste or ladder functions? I've seen concerns elsewhere but it works for me. Is everyone having troubles with them as well?
Thanks,

Phil,
only Peter can confirm it, but I doubt that he wanted it to look like that. Notice that the strange font is just after a quote box. It is exactly the same as in my post.
It looks like the editor gets confused (sometimes) when going to normal text after a quote.

edit:
I know for certain, that while I was editing the post, it looked "normal". Only when I looked again at a later time did I notice the huge font.

No "View last unread" button in Hybrid mode.

Is it just coincidence, a problem with my PC-setup or a "feature (not a bug)", that when I switch the viewing mode to hybrid, I lose the "view last unread" button. This is particularly inconvenient on larger threads, where the tree usually peters out with "more entries below this level" (can't remember the exact terminology), long before you get to the new entries.

Just Suggestion

Phil Melore said:

Suggestions for improvement are also always welcome.
Some new ideas:
-Add a link for "Job Opportunities"
-Construct a market for members. Books, Softwares or even Cracks can be bought or sold.
BISES

C&P

Sorry for the delay.

Phil Melore said:
Did you mean copy/paste also with NS4?
this is a paste via CTRL+V

No. Using NS 7.1 there is no right-click drop down selection for "Paste". That is, if I COPY to the clipboard some text from another window, it must be pasted into the REPLY using ctrl+V.

I'd have to reprogram it for this new forum. You're only the second person to say something...
Anyone else miss it? If so, I'll re-program it.

Phil, I also used the "ticker" and would like to have it back.

Here is a "new" problem:

In threads that I subscribe to I get multiple email notifications for each post.
Some posts result in 6-7 emails. The number of emails per post isn't consistent.

PHIIILL !!
It is getting worse and worse.
This morning there were 20 emails in my inbox. All from PLCs.net. And they keep coming drip-drip-drip through the day. Very annoying.
All emails are about posts that I have allready gotten notifications on allready. A lot are duplicates.

If it doesnt get better I will have to turn off email notification completely.

Hi Jesper,

Notifications are sent when there is a new post in a thread you are subscribed to. If you don't visit after that... no more messages for that thread. If you visit later, then you'll get a notification for the next new post. This applies to all threads you are subscribed to.

Does above explain your situation?
Enjoy,

Phil,
I am sorry, but it is not what is happening.
I get multiple emails for old posts. Sometimes up to 10 emails for the same post. And emails can be for posts that is a week old - even though I have visited the site many times in between.

As an example on what is going on, I am sending you one of the posts that I have recieved at least 10 times.

JesperMP said:
As an example on what is going on, I am sending you one of the posts that I have recieved at least 10 times.

Hi,
Please forward all 10+ emails with the headers included to me at [email protected] so I can analyze them. You should have only received some the end of march, apr 28 and apr 29.
Thanks,