forum upgrade... this weekend.

akreel said:
By the way, the calendar is neat. Has it ALWAYS been there? Can we, as users, schedule events?

Yes, and Yes.
Please do. Typically it just has member birthdays there. Occasionally there is an event.

PhilRey said:
🙃
Who put the "Mark Forums Read" link right next to the "New Posts" link?!?! ;)
I guess I need to practice my aim.

Toolbar has been modified to prevent 'accidentally marking posts read'.

Enjoy,

Phil i don't know if anyone else is having this problem,but after checking new posts and returning to the opening page (the page after i log in) to "mark forums read" (which it does) then "log out" the page just hangs.If i do the same as above from the thread page i am veiwing (i.e not returning to my logged in page) it logs out perfectly.
Or maybe it's just me o_O

Phil,

I think that something goes wrong with the fonts in some of the posts. One example is THIS post where it looks like I am shouting !
Comparing with the other posts in the thread, it looks like the other posts are OK. I believe I checked it just after I posted it, and it was OK then.
I have also noticed that posts from many of the other members quite often look "strange".

Problems with searching?

Phil,

I was trying to find a thread that I'd read earlier today, so I did a search for dh.... No results earlier that 4 days ago.... Did a search for dh+..... same results. I was looking for this thread, which I found by digging thru the forums... Is the search connected to some kind of archive setup, or should we be able to search thru the more recent files?

Just wondering.....

Old Netscape

This may already have been posted but, I don't feel like reading through seven pages to find out - the REPLY feature doesn't work on the old NS 4.7. I don't know if this is considered a problem or not, just thought I'd mention it.

JesperMP said:
Phil,

I think that something goes wrong with the fonts in some of the posts. One example is THIS post where it looks like I am shouting

It looks like Arial font was chosen with the size set to 4. Perhaps it is a bug but hard to imagine...
Please let me know if it happens again.

tom_stalcup said:
Phil,

...snip...Is the search connected to some kind of archive setup, or should we be able to search thru the more recent files?

Just wondering.....

Shouldn't be. I just did a search on "wincc flexible" because the thread was started 1 hour prior to this. It was listed as number 1 in the search results.

Try the same experiment by searching for a newly started thread. Does it work well for you?
searchsetting.gif

Make sure to verify the setting above. Perhaps you had it set to 1 week... or some other value.

Doug-P said:
This may already have been posted but, I don't feel like reading through seven pages to find out - the REPLY feature doesn't work on the old NS 4.7. I don't know if this is considered a problem or not, just thought I'd mention it.

Yes, I would consider that a problem as well. It should work equally well on NS4.7.

Just curious, but how did you eventually reply? Another computer or different browser?
:confused:

Anyone else using Netscape 4.7? Does it work for you?

westoes said:
Phil i don't know if anyone else is having this problem,but after checking new posts and returning to the opening page (the page after i log in) to "mark forums read" (which it does) then "log out" the page just hangs.If i do the same as above from the thread page i am veiwing (i.e not returning to my logged in page) it logs out perfectly.
Or maybe it's just me o_O

I'm not sure... it works for me.:confused:
Is anyone else having this problem?

Problems to view posts:

Hybrid mode: After page recount post number

Translation working in hibrid mode.Problem not posible change page for translation last page. Set linear mode default for translation. Box selection mode not influence this case.

[/QUOTE]Just curious, but how did you eventually reply? Another computer or different browser?[/QUOTE]

Different browser - NS 7.1

I also just noticed that the standard Windows editing functions (cut, copy paste) do not work when replying.

Doug-P said:
...snip...

I also just noticed that the standard Windows editing functions (cut, copy paste) do not work when replying.
Did you mean copy/paste also with NS4?
this is a paste via CTRL+V

I also just noticed that the standard Windows editing functions (cut, copy paste) do not work when replying. __________________ I also just noticed that the standard Windows editing functions (cut, copy paste) do not work when replying. __________________ I also just noticed that the standard Windows editing functions (cut, copy paste) do not work when replying. __________________ I also just noticed that the standard Windows editing functions (cut, copy paste) do not work when replying. __________________

dandrade said:
Problems to view posts:

Hybrid mode: After page recount post number

Translation working in hibrid mode.Problem not posible change page for translation last page. Set linear mode default for translation. Box selection mode not influence this case.

The translation service does a translation as a 'guest'. The default view for guest is linear, so that's the reason.

Not much I can do about that.... sorry.