forum upgrade... this weekend.

Just an idea

Phil,

Is it possible to place the members current time and date below their avatar?

Thanks,
Bob O

please expalin

Bob O said:
Phil,

Is it possible to place the members current time and date below their avatar?

Thanks,
Bob O
Hi Bob,
Do you mean the time it is now in their timezone? Or do you mean the time that their post was posted (5/3/05 at 4:59pm in your case, for example)
Thanks,

Bob O said:
Phil,
The current date and time in their timezone.
Thanks,
Bob

OK Bob, it's there now... right under their join date. Thanks for the idea! :geek:
Let me know if anything else comes to mind.

Enjoy,

Phil did something to try and help me with the problem about multiple email notifications.
However it didnt help at all. I am getting the same number of emails as before.

Also, I tried to switch from immediate email notifications to weekly notification - no change. Same number of emails, and they didnt wait until one week later.

Something is drastically wrong with the email notification system.

I have turned off email notification completely now.

Am I the only one with this problem ?

I see the same problem, I'm just not subscribed to enough posts to cause a big problem. An automobile board I visit with the same style interface (Likeky the same sof6tware behind it) has the same problem.

JesperMP said:
Phil did something to try and help me with the problem about multiple email notifications.
However it didnt help at all. I am getting the same number of emails as before.
snip...

I'm 90%+ sure it's fixed now. Please re-enable the notifications.

DesertDog, let me know if you see the problem again as well.

We'll get it right eventually !!

Phil Melore said:
OK Bob, it's there now... right under their join date. Thanks for the idea! :geek:
Let me know if anything else comes to mind.

Enjoy,
The local time displayed under my join date is one hour fast, but the time displayed at the bottom of the page is correct.

Incidentally, "remember me" feature still doesn't work at all on my Netscape 7.1. Firefox 1.03 remembers user name but not password.

Gerry said:
The local time displayed under my join date is one hour fast, but the time displayed at the bottom of the page is correct.

It's a DST(Daylight Savings Time) thing. I'll have to mess around with the settings. I believe you are not in DST this time of year, correct?

Gerry said:
Incidentally, "remember me" feature still doesn't work at all on my Netscape 7.1. Firefox 1.03 remembers user name but not password.

FYI- Firefox 1.04 was released yesterday due to 2 critical vulnerabilities. Consider updating it to avoid issues.

To be honest, I have no idea why we can't get you going with the remember username/password thing. I use Firefox 99% of the time and no username/password problems. It remembers you by using 'cookies'. If it remembers your username you at least have 'some' cookie... Perhaps you changed the security settings from default and made them tighter?

When you go to type the password does firefox put it there for you after you hit the first letter? Click tools->options->privacy-> click + sign to left of saved passwords->view saved passwords-> do you see plctalk.net in the site column?

Let me know what you find and we can progress from there.
Thanks,

Phil Melore said:
It remembers you by using 'cookies'. If it remembers your username you at least have 'some' cookie... Perhaps you changed the security settings from default and made them tighter?
As far as I know, I haven't changed anything. This started when the forum changes occurred.
Phil Melore said:
When you go to type the password does firefox put it there for you after you hit the first letter? Click tools->options->privacy-> click + sign to left of saved passwords->view saved passwords-> do you see plctalk.net in the site column?
In Firefox, plctalk.net was in the list twice. I deleted both. At next login I was prompted to save, clicked 'yes'. Now one entry in list. Still have to type whole password.

In Netscape, plctalk.net was in list (once) but I still had to enter user id & password. Deleted the entry, but at next login was not prompted to save. Upgraded from 7.1 to 7.2 - same problem.

I'm stumped.

hmmmm....

OK Gerry,
Thanks for the update. We'll get you working. ;)

Click tools->options->privacy->click + sign to left of cookies

Is the 'allow sites to set cookies' checkbox checked?

Is the 'keep cookies' pulldown set to 'until they expire'?

Click the 'view cookies' button. Scroll all the way down to find www.plctalk.net. Is the site listed? Do you see a cookie named bbpassword?

Let me know what you find.
Thanks,

I noticed this with Firefox after deleting saved login.

• I type in user name and password
  • Firefox prompts me to save
  • my user name is still in login field but password field is blank (asterisks gone)
  • I say yes to prompt
  • I check saved passwords and plctalk.net has user name with blank password
Yes, the bbpassword cookie is stored for the session

P.S. using firefox 1.04

Last edited:
Gerry,

Is this box checked when you login?

checked.gif

Thanks,