forum upgrade... this weekend.

This isnt really a bug (the old forum did it too, and maybe its intentional), but when you do the view new posts it lists posts for the practice posting section as well.

Steve Crotty said:
when you do the view new posts it lists posts for the practice posting section as well.

It's forum wide... so it's supposed to act that way. Not sure if that's good or bad but...

Gerry said:
The "remember me" doesn't work for me anymore - have to type in name and password every time.

1. Log in to the forum.
  2. Log out of the forum.
  3. Clear your cookies.
  4. Shut down the browser.
  5. Start the browser again.
  6. Login to the forum.
That should fix it...

rsdoran said:
I guess I should have posted it here instead of creating a thread. I had a problem with aligning characters in a ladder example.
http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=13272

here's [ ladder ]

0001 0500
-| |------( )--
0000 |
-| |---+
0002 0501
-| |------( )--

edit post or preview does seem to add a space. For now... don't preview šŸ™ƒ (I'll investigate. Thought it worked before...)

Not sure if it happens most of the time. When I do a log out sometimes, an error will occur, and prompt me to click on the link, which will then clear me out. Is it a norm?

regards
Sherine T.

jolio ST said:
Not sure if it happens most of the time. When I do a log out sometimes, an error will occur, and prompt me to click on the link, which will then clear me out. Is it a norm?

regards
Sherine T.

No, it's not normal. Next time please capture/post a screenshot so I can analyze the error.
Thanks!!

But first, please try this:

1. Log in to the forum.
  2. Log out of the forum.
  3. Clear your cookies.
  4. Shut down the browser.
  5. Start the browser again.
  6. Login to the forum.
Thanks,

larger font size choice...

Alan Case said:
Hi, The text has all got smaller. I used to be able to read the old site without glasses, but no more. Could you spare a thought for us that are starting to wear out and increase the font size. Thanks. Alan

Ok, Alan. I'm sympathetic. (y)

You can make the fonts size larger from here(cover page):
increase1.gif

or from here(listings pages):
increase2.gif

It should remember your font choice whenever you return as well.

Enjoy,

Phil,

I accidentally did a log-out a minute ago. Normally I just close the browser when I'm done here.

I just wanted to say the grey screen, ala Windows XP, is pretty cute.

AK

Guide Bar

Phil Melore said:
OK... country flags are back.

To my knowledge :oops: there are no other bugs. If you find one (I would guess there are some little ones out there still) please point them out.

Suggestions for improvement are also always welcome.

Enjoy,

I used to use the link at the bottom to return to the topic list quite often. If I'm the only one that misses it I'll get used to it but if other also noticed it gone could we have it back. It's the same as the one on the top:
Menu.JPG

Edit: Nevermind, I just realized that's what the Forum Jump box is for.šŸ™ƒ
Thanks for all you do!šŸ»

Last edited:
Actually, Phil did add that, DD. Look just after the last post in each thread (right below << Previous Thread | Next Thread >>).

šŸ»

-Eric