How to connect Allen Bradley SLC 5/05 to PC using serial to Ethernet converter cable

Hi Rob,
Thanks for dropping by.
Actually I have a processor for one site in which the program was installed by me yesterday and WE (both of us) found out that one module IB 16 was faulty.
Now, there is the other processor which I am trying to upload with some other program for another site, which is giving me error:
"Fault Code = 0001h
Default program loaded due to NVRAM error. A corrupt CRC was detected (loss of battery power may cause this) etc.
Cannot go online or upload from DEFAULT processor (no program).
You must perform download."

And when I try to download the program, then it gives an error:
No response from processor at selected path/node!
Diagnostic Status failed: 0x4"

However, it allows uploading of the program of the working processor, but doesn't allow uploading of the program I want to upload it with. What might be the issue here?
Is there anything to do with RS Linx setup here, because I am using the same Eth Driver for configuring the same?

Hi Vineet,

It could well be the battery that is causing the problem. You might find it easier to factory default the CPU and do what you did yesterday using BootP. Do you have a replacement battery? If you don't have one, you may keep hitting this same problem. Presumably you have a backup of the current working programme?

I have attached a PDF showing the reset procedure to return to factory default.

Regards,

Rob,

Hi Rob,
Tried changing the battery with that of a working processor but same issue again.
Plus, I actually read about the procedure of memory resetting of the processor in another thread and did the whole procedure by short circuiting the VBB and GND in the first place but then I am getting issues in uploading the program into the processor.
And, the same errors as stated earlier are being encountered. Dont know what else to try now.

Regards,
Vineet

And when I try to download the program, then it gives an error:
No response from processor at selected path/node!
Diagnostic Status failed: 0x4"

You can not click download until the driver is set.... on the top of the screen click COMMS, then SYSTEM COMMS and then download the 0x4 error is from not have the driver set

Try this http://www.plccable.com/communication-support/ and click the 4th link down... about 2 min in to the video is the RSLogix upload, you will just be doing the download

You will need to select your driver you have setup in RSLinx, I am using the DF1 driver in the video