Inexpensive Speed Measurement

Think the analogue outputs from the drive is the easiest and cheapest way to go, since it is not proper motion control. Loop them into drive and out to next drive. Think this could help and you would only need 1 analogue out from the plc and if you want 1 in. Can speed up and slow down the whole process this way

Last edited:
Keith,

Conceptually, that is exactly what I need! A DC output proportional to the shaft rotation speed. I also like the feature of alternating polarity with respect to direction, which was not available using the F/E converter. On the downside, I like having the Z pulse found on encoder. I need to evaluate the specs and of course the price, but it sounds promising.

Thanks again for the help.

CeCo3

Similar Topics

I want to buy used/inexpensive (under $500) PLC hardware and software for personal use/testing. Can any of you suggest the best way to go about...
Replies
Views
I need an inexpensive PLC for home automation projects. I only need digital outputs and analog inputs. Pretty simple and slow process. Also, it...
Replies
Views
Hello all. I am looking for a very inexpensive PLC in HMI for a very basic control scheme..... a couple of discrete inputs and outputs with a...
Replies
Views
I am looking for an inexpensive SCADA sw that can read Modbus TCP/IP. I do not need fancy graphics. I do, however, need datalogging for 30 to 40...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a project to replace an old BBC Procontic B PLC by a modern PLC on a Flexographic Printer for plastic film. The app is quite simple...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom