M12 Terminating Connector

brandoncosta

Hi all,

I am using a Kuebler encoder in our machine, it is profibus communicable and has M12 type ports. There are 3 M12 ports, 1st for profibus IN, 2nd for Profibus OUT and 3rd for Power supply.
This encoder is the last node of my profibus network, I m using one M12 connector for Profibus IN, 2nd M12 connector for 24Vdc power supply, now at 3rd M12 profibus out port what type of connector should I use.

As far as I can make out I require M12 terminating connector?

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

I'm not hugely familiar with your setup, but in my limited experience with profibus, yes, it must have a terminating resistor at the end of the network. Sometimes the plugs have a switch on them that can be used to switch a terminating resistor in or out of the circuit - in your case, if there is a "terminating connector" available, I would hazard a guess that yes, that's probably what you need.