Managed Switch or Router

By default devices behind the e W 0 N cannot reach the internet.
The attached instructions show how to change this.

You should actually be able to change those router parameters remotely. Log in with eCatcher and click on the e W 0 N name in the Active Connection window. This will open up the configuration interface.

Hmmm. I tried to get into the settings via the device webpage per the instructions you kindly provided. It is asking me for a username and password which apparently is not the same credentials I used to access the device.

Are you sure about your credentials? The password to access the setup in the Cosy is different from your Talk 2 M credentials. I'm fairly certain the password to the Cosy setup is the same regardless whether you are connecting from the WAN or LAN side. Default for both username and password is 'adm'. (It's highly recommended to change those from the default)

Are you sure about your credentials? The password to access the setup in the Cosy is different from your Talk 2 M credentials. I'm fairly certain the password to the Cosy setup is the same regardless whether you are connecting from the WAN or LAN side. Default for both username and password is 'adm'. (It's highly recommended to change those from the default)

Thank you! It was my partner who set the unit up initially, so there are some of these little details about which I was unclear.

It seems I am "in" now and can go about changing the settings including that default password!

Huh, I've never used one of those devices, good to know.

As an aside, in what hellish landscape does it seem like a good idea to leave WAN access on by default w/ a default user/pass combo o_O

When you're a novice with a new piece of hardware...It's fixed now though, so hack away...

OkiePC - I don't blame the end user, these devices are marketed towards being simple to use and should come setup 'out of the box' for a certain degree of security.
I question the hardware vendor.

Last edited:
OkiePC - I don't blame the end user, these devices are marketed towards being simple to use and should come setup 'out of the box' for a certain degree of security.
I question the hardware vendor.
I was (am) the novice end user.

To get to the webpage where the default password could have been used, one would have to have our account credentials which were pretty secure.

So I think it would have been difficult to even drill into the area where the security weakness was located in the first place.

OkiePC is correct. You would need the full e Catcher credentials which include an optional 2-factor authentication to even reach this setup webpage remotely

Success! I applied the settings in the document you provided and now have email alerts getting out.

I did manage to lock myself out of the E_W_O_N Wednesday, so I had to make a trip up here to fix it. Note to self: do NOT start the web-based configuration wizard remotely.

All's well that ends well and it was a good day for an afternoon drive.