OPC and VB or WinCC Flex Runtime or sending excell CSV's... hmmm doubts...

I understand what you mean, but a simple compiled exe from vb, that should work on every pc I think, no ?

And who doesn't know a little VB ?

When they have to reinstall a PC for example, then they need to know how to reïnstall the whole siemens software. They need to know a little wincc flex (licensing and so on...), same for OPC.

The best thing would be if the customer can connect to a machine and that he never has to install anything, but there are disadvatages too then...

I really don't know wich way to go...

Maybe I can do something with the webserver if I can write to tags... donno... password protected, ... such things, making a batch/recipe system in wincc flexible and controlling it from an office pc via ip adressing...

I'm searching solutions...

The thing is also when:
If there is something wrong on a Remote PC, then we have to solve it and travel to that company if necessary...

If it runs on an MP277 or panel PC, then the chance that we have to travel is less. We can allways send a pre-configured panel too. For the support it's also better...

Hmm, I'm thinking...

JesperMP said:
As I see it, it is exactly this that we pay for when bying a shrink-wrapped package like WinCC Flexible.
When some new development appears, a horde of Siemens programmers will toil at making WinCC Flex work with this new stuff whatever it is. If it wasnt for this I dont see such a big advantage with bying a shrinkwrapped package.
I can see with my own projects, that supporting older projects is becoming more and more time-consuming.
Example: We have a homegrown webbased HMI (from a now cancelled department) which is heavily based on ActiveX components. Thing is, these ActiveX components do not work with XP or Vista, only 2000 !
The original programmer has left the company, and I am left with trying to support older customers. I guess it looked brilliant when they made it, but now I could kill the guy who took some of the strategic decisions back then.

:)

hmmm

I will tell my boss that wincc flex runtime on a PC can work. cost 800 euros.

I will tell him that it can work with opc an vb also, but more work, 300 euros.

Possibillity is that he chooses for flex.

Do you know the price of wincc ? and simatic batch ?

another question

Another question is:

what if they wanna do something with ERP later on..., let's say they want batches made out of an ERP system..., can the OPC server in the wincc flex runtime work then ?

Greetings,

Gerry

Combo said:
hmmm

I will tell my boss that wincc flex runtime on a PC can work. cost 800 euros.

I will tell him that it can work with opc an vb also, but more work, 300 euros.

Possibillity is that he chooses for flex.

Do you know the price of wincc ? and simatic batch ?

Combo said:
what if they wanna do something with ERP later on..., let's say they want batches made out of an ERP system..., can the OPC server in the wincc flex runtime work then ?
The OPC Server that is bundled together with the WinCC Flex PC RT license is a completely normal Simatic Softnet Ethernet Lean.
Notice that it has nothing to do with the "OPC Server" option for WinCC Flex itself.
The OPC tags that you configure in the end-application do not count against the powertags in WinCC Flex for example.

hmm

WinCC Flex PC RT 128 tags: Approx 400 Euro.
WinCC Flex PC RT 512 tags: Approx 1500 Euro.
Recipes + archives option: Approx 400 Euro.
OPC Server, Softnet Ethernet Lean is included in the RT license.

In hope 128 tags are enough todo my batching thing, I do think that's enough...

It's only a pitty that I cannot make it a bit more graphical when only 128 tags.

I think I will..

I think I will make a list of questions to the customer...

Things like: do you allready have a Scada software running ?

Do you have Siemens WinCC Flexible in your company.

What do you want to see on your Office PC, just the batches, recipes and archives, or also a synoptical view... if so, then 128 tags will be too less. Then we have to choose between 1500 euros and an alternative.

Is it okay to build a software in wincc flex or vb, or does it needs to run from an excell or access software (vba).

What do you think about remote control (ip).

Such questions, what do you think Jesper ?

JesperMP said:
Only that they are MUCH more expensive than WinCC Flexible.

You guy's have been busy.

Ok here is a screen shot of the control functions screen where you can upload/download recipe's

control_functions.JPG

Here is the main start screen for the web page that I made.

web_start.JPG

Here is the default start screen

web_start_1.JPG

Here is a sample of the HTML code that shows how to get the tag data into the web page

Code:
 <tr><th class="sph_th"><b>Press Program Information</b><td><br></td></tr> 
<tr><td class="sph_td"><b>Part Number</b></td><td class="sph_td"><MWSL><!-- write(GetVar("Recipe_Record_Name")); --></MWSL> </td></tr>
<tr><td class="sph_td"><b>Part Count</b></td><td class="sph_td"><MWSL><!-- write(GetVar("PartCounter")); --></MWSL> </td></tr>
		<tr><td class="sph_td"><b>Parts Per Min</b></td><td class="sph_td"><MWSL><!-- write(GetVar("Parts_Per_Minute")); --></MWSL> </td></tr>
		<tr><td class="sph_td"><b>Cycle Time</b></td><td class="sph_td"><MWSL><!-- write(GetVar("CycleTime")); --></MWSL> </td></tr>
		<tr><td class="sph_td"><b>Mode</b> (1=Setup, 2=Single, 3=Auto)</td><td class="sph_td"><MWSL><!-- write(GetVar("HMI_Mode_Switch")); --></MWSL> </td></tr>

Combo said:
linking excell to wincc flex runtime is np then without any more costs... ?
Yes, you can for sure make a connection from Excel the PLC via the the bundled Simatic Softnet Ethernet. But if it is a comfortable method for handling the recipes I do not know.

Combo said:
The price of OPC driver and linking to vb is 300 euros, nothing more ?
Yes, you can connect from VB to the PLC via the OPC server. As you said that it is "no problem", you know more about it than I. If you have never done this before, then maybe an OPC wrapper is needed. This will cost some more.
You already know this ?:
http://www.opcconnect.com/tooltech.php#vb

okay

Okay

I'm making a word file with possibillities.

JesperMP said:
Yes, you can for sure make a connection from Excel the PLC via the the bundled Simatic Softnet Ethernet. But if it is a comfortable method for handling the recipes I do not know.

Yes, you can connect from VB to the PLC via the OPC server. As you said that it is "no problem", you know more about it than I. If you have never done this before, then maybe an OPC wrapper is needed. This will cost some more.
You already know this ?:
http://www.opcconnect.com/tooltech.php#vb