OPC and VB or WinCC Flex Runtime or sending excell CSV's... hmmm doubts...

hmm

Okay,

you can import recipes, but, these are CSV files, these need to have the correct format...

I mean, I will not get a step further by this, because, I can store recipes on an intranet location and call them with the MP277 locally without a problem...

The main problem here is that the CSV files need to have the correct format, like Jesper also said.

The batching thing is not possible as well by this...

CharlesM said:
Ok here is a screen shot of the control functions screen where you can upload/download recipe's

control_functions.JPG

Here is the main start screen for the web page that I made.

web_start.JPG

Here is the default start screen

web_start_1.JPG

Here is a sample of the HTML code that shows how to get the tag data into the web page

Code:
 <tr><th class="sph_th"><b>Press Program Information</b><td><br></td></tr> 
<tr><td class="sph_td"><b>Part Number</b></td><td class="sph_td"><MWSL><!-- write(GetVar("Recipe_Record_Name")); --></MWSL> </td></tr>
<tr><td class="sph_td"><b>Part Count</b></td><td class="sph_td"><MWSL><!-- write(GetVar("PartCounter")); --></MWSL> </td></tr>
		<tr><td class="sph_td"><b>Parts Per Min</b></td><td class="sph_td"><MWSL><!-- write(GetVar("Parts_Per_Minute")); --></MWSL> </td></tr>
		<tr><td class="sph_td"><b>Cycle Time</b></td><td class="sph_td"><MWSL><!-- write(GetVar("CycleTime")); --></MWSL> </td></tr>
		<tr><td class="sph_td"><b>Mode</b> (1=Setup, 2=Single, 3=Auto)</td><td class="sph_td"><MWSL><!-- write(GetVar("HMI_Mode_Switch")); --></MWSL> </td></tr>

:)

I'm pretty sure that it's indeed, view only :)

JesperMP said:
Charles.

Can you also change values on that Web screen ?
And I mean without remotely controlling the host HMI.
It looks like "view only" to me.

hmm

I've just red this:

Possible communication relationships:
• Reading and writing the variables of a SIMATIC HMI system on
the basis of an HTTP protocol
- Reading and writing the variables of different HMI systems
- Simple configuring of variables in the HMI client configuration
using browsers in the WinCC flexible engineering tool
- Reading and writing the variables of an HMI system using
standard applications such as MS Excel. Communication is
made possible by embedding a script in the application,
on the basis of the SOAP protocol (Simple Object Access
Protocol) superimposed by HTTP

Page 259 of http://enquete.apto.info/siemens/document/catalogs/en/st80_e_2008.pdf

csv ?

question about the recipies,

it's possible to import and export from a remote pc in this way ?

so, we can make recipes locally, export them on a remote pc via http page and add with excell recipes, save the csv file and import it back in the panel via http ?

CharlesM said:
Ok here is a screen shot of the control functions screen where you can upload/download recipe's

control_functions.JPG

Here is the main start screen for the web page that I made.

web_start.JPG

Here is the default start screen

web_start_1.JPG

Here is a sample of the HTML code that shows how to get the tag data into the web page

Code:
 <tr><th class="sph_th"><b>Press Program Information</b><td><br></td></tr> 
<tr><td class="sph_td"><b>Part Number</b></td><td class="sph_td"><MWSL><!-- write(GetVar("Recipe_Record_Name")); --></MWSL> </td></tr>
<tr><td class="sph_td"><b>Part Count</b></td><td class="sph_td"><MWSL><!-- write(GetVar("PartCounter")); --></MWSL> </td></tr>
		<tr><td class="sph_td"><b>Parts Per Min</b></td><td class="sph_td"><MWSL><!-- write(GetVar("Parts_Per_Minute")); --></MWSL> </td></tr>
		<tr><td class="sph_td"><b>Cycle Time</b></td><td class="sph_td"><MWSL><!-- write(GetVar("CycleTime")); --></MWSL> </td></tr>
		<tr><td class="sph_td"><b>Mode</b> (1=Setup, 2=Single, 3=Auto)</td><td class="sph_td"><MWSL><!-- write(GetVar("HMI_Mode_Switch")); --></MWSL> </td></tr>

it's possible to import and export from a remote pc in this way ?
Yes but like I said check on what you have to do to import on panel. I would test this by saving the records out on a panel to a text file. Then delete some from the panel and load from the file. You have events you can call from buttons to do this.

One other thing the web page also has a file browser. You can use this to upload/download files to the computer. I would guess it would work the same way on the panels. This has been a big help for me.
file_2.JPG

Last edited:
okay

In other words, I can browse to the panel..., download the recipe CSV file, edit it (add recipes) and then upload the file to the panel again (with other name).

Then in the flex runtime using the event import recipe.

Something like this ?

Is the CSV file easy to mess up, or is it pretty secure if you just add recipes in the same format ?

CharlesM said:
Yes but like I said check on what you have to do to import on panel. I would test this by saving the records out on a panel to a text file. Then delete some from the panel and load from the file. You have events you can call from buttons to do this.

One other thing the web page also has a file browser. You can use this to upload/download files to the computer. I would guess it would work the same way on the panels. This has been a big help for me.
file_2.JPG

If recipes can be edited like that on distance, then... I can do something for the batching thing in CSV files, the same way and writing a script to read out batchlines and delete the lines that are done ??? going too far ?

Here is a sample of a recipe backup I did from the web page.

I can do something for the batching thing in CSV files, the same way and writing a script to read out batchlines and delete the lines that are done ??? going too far ?
I think that would be a good place to start.

excell

Excell cannot open it the right way, everything is in column 1. He doesn't do the List separation...

doesn't it has to be ; instead of , ?

About the back-up, you were able to take a back-up remotly on an office pc ?

CharlesM said:
Here is a sample of a recipe backup I did from the web page.

I think that would be a good place to start.

I got this file using the export recipe button from the web page. I did open it in Excel and change the record names other than that it is how it was saved.

doesn't it has to be ; instead of , ?
If your going to do it in a script you can put in what you want or change it however you want. The format in this file is what WinCC Flexible wants.

k

This is my problem:
How I open it doesn't matter, it allways result in a bad excell sheet:

snapshotteke.JPG

CharlesM said:
I got this file using the export recipe button from the web page. I did open it in Excel and change the record names other than that it is how it was saved.

If your going to do it in a script you can put in what you want or change it however you want. The format in this file is what WinCC Flexible wants.

Open the Control Panel .. Regional and Language options applet.
Select Customize for the language you are using.
Then set the List Separator to ",".
Repeat for other languages if you use more than one language on the PC.