OPC and VB or WinCC Flex Runtime or sending excell CSV's... hmmm doubts...

i tried it on different computers (different Office versions) and it always showed up correctly (oldest one was running vresion 2000). i think the defaults for your PC are not set correctly. check delimiter settings or

Separate text across cells
  1. <LI class=LPROC>Select the range of cells that contains the text values. The range can be any number of rows tall, but no more than one column wide.

<LI class=LPROC>On the Data menu, click Text to Columns.
  2. Follow the instructions in the Convert Text to Columns Wizard to specify how you want to divide the text into columns.

hmm...

I do think that I'll use an MP277 locally and on a PC in the office I will run a VB application because it's a very simple recipe/batch.

I was thinking to use the OPC server on the MP277. Then I can run the application on several cliënt PC's that are hooked up on the ethernet ... ?
I've red somewhere that I need to install SOAP (??) on these cliënt PC's.

I will write the recipesystem in the PLC. So, with a VB application I want to send data via flexible tags to the PLC system...

Does it makes sence ?

JesperMP said:
Yes, you can for sure make a connection from Excel the PLC via the the bundled Simatic Softnet Ethernet. But if it is a comfortable method for handling the recipes I do not know.

Yes, you can connect from VB to the PLC via the OPC server. As you said that it is "no problem", you know more about it than I. If you have never done this before, then maybe an OPC wrapper is needed. This will cost some more.
You already know this ?:
http://www.opcconnect.com/tooltech.php#vb

Just so that you are aware of these details:
The OPC Server on the panel will also cost extra, and it is based on XML, not the regular OPC DA.

If I were you, I would chose the solution that I am most comfortable with, rather than look at the expense to licenses and such.
You will quickly run into long development time or unexpected problems if you go a new and untried way.

Okay jesper

Okay Jesper,

We've had a meeting with our engineeringteam and they have decided that no synoptical view is necessary, no alarm logging either.

So, not many tags are needed.

We have decieded to use WInCC Flexible 128 tags license with the cost of 400 euros.

This means that the remote PC is a WinCC Flexible Runtime for the batching processing and some few other tags, nothing fancy.

Then we discussed Recipes...

But my boss has a great idea, ha asked what I tought about using an order logical number, like:

productnr:

Batch (generated by the PLC):
xxxxxx

How many:
_________

1200 is the length parameter, 4 stand for how many holes, 5 stand for how many per pack, etc...

No database is needed in this way...

What do you think about our concept Jesper ?

And I think to use the webserver of the MP to read data for other users over the intranet.

Less fancy concept, but much better.

And I agree that using the tools that u know is better, we must respect the deadline

JesperMP said:
Just so that you are aware of these details:
The OPC Server on the panel will also cost extra, and it is based on XML, not the regular OPC DA.

If I were you, I would chose the solution that I am most comfortable with, rather than look at the expense to licenses and such.
You will quickly run into long development time or unexpected problems if you go a new and untried way.

I am not sure I understand what you write about the batch data input.
I would definitely want a separate entry for each parameter. I would not combine a number according to some kind of coding.

So I read it as you want this:

Batch no. Generated by PLC.
Batch spec no of products in batch. Input by user.
Product spec length. Input by user.
Product spec no of holes. Input by user.
etc.
The actual handling of the batches is done in the PLC.
Users can view status (but not modify) via webserver in Panel.

All of this sounds easy. I am only not sure about the webserver things as I have no experience with it. Would like to know how it goes.

Okay

hey,

separate entry is okay todo...

but, can there be made a string out of these data, to save in DB's and that they can be recalled, not really a recipe thing, but;

for example:

they've run 1000 50 and 30 as Product specs

can there be made a string after they's run this, like:

1000_50_30 stored in a DB

how can it be recalled in a simole way (list...)

?

JesperMP said:
I am not sure I understand what you write about the batch data input.
I would definitely want a separate entry for each parameter. I would not combine a number according to some kind of coding.

So I read it as you want this:

Batch no. Generated by PLC.
Batch spec no of products in batch. Input by user.
Product spec length. Input by user.
Product spec no of holes. Input by user.
etc.
The actual handling of the batches is done in the PLC.
Users can view status (but not modify) via webserver in Panel.

All of this sounds easy. I am only not sure about the webserver things as I have no experience with it. Would like to know how it goes.

You want to make the string in this format, because you want to log the batches. Right ?
I thought that you wanted them in the special format in some way to enter the batch data.
Anyway, I would prefer to log in a CSV file, and separate each item with a "," or a ";". In that way you can easily get the data into columns in Excel for example.

You can do whatever you want with strings.
In the S7 program you can do it most easily in SCL.
In WinCC Flexible you can also do it very easily with VBS.

:)

U understand what I want :)

But,

It won't be easy todo :-(

Can you give me a start help ?

JesperMP said:
You want to make the string in this format, because you want to log the batches. Right ?
I thought that you wanted them in the special format in some way to enter the batch data.
Anyway, I would prefer to log in a CSV file, and separate each item with a "," or a ";". In that way you can easily get the data into columns in Excel for example.

You can do whatever you want with strings.
In the S7 program you can do it most easily in SCL.
In WinCC Flexible you can also do it very easily with VBS.

I forgot something,

we have WinCC Flexible 2007 standard. Not the advanced license.

So, 128 tags license = okay for 400 euros...

But what's the cost for the wincc flex advaced ?

I've red somewhere that Wincc Flex 2007 ES Advanced is about 1700 euros for the license key...

Isn't this a little expensive ??

I mean, we only need it now... otherwise never... this means that it's allready 400 + 1700 euros!!!

I don't think my boss will like this...

smartservice

Are these pages for free or do I need smartservice ?

CharlesM said:
Ok here is a screen shot of the control functions screen where you can upload/download recipe's

control_functions.JPG

Here is the main start screen for the web page that I made.

web_start.JPG

Here is the default start screen

web_start_1.JPG

Here is a sample of the HTML code that shows how to get the tag data into the web page

Code:
 <tr><th class="sph_th"><b>Press Program Information</b><td><br></td></tr> 
<tr><td class="sph_td"><b>Part Number</b></td><td class="sph_td"><MWSL><!-- write(GetVar("Recipe_Record_Name")); --></MWSL> </td></tr>
<tr><td class="sph_td"><b>Part Count</b></td><td class="sph_td"><MWSL><!-- write(GetVar("PartCounter")); --></MWSL> </td></tr>
		<tr><td class="sph_td"><b>Parts Per Min</b></td><td class="sph_td"><MWSL><!-- write(GetVar("Parts_Per_Minute")); --></MWSL> </td></tr>
		<tr><td class="sph_td"><b>Cycle Time</b></td><td class="sph_td"><MWSL><!-- write(GetVar("CycleTime")); --></MWSL> </td></tr>
		<tr><td class="sph_td"><b>Mode</b> (1=Setup, 2=Single, 3=Auto)</td><td class="sph_td"><MWSL><!-- write(GetVar("HMI_Mode_Switch")); --></MWSL> </td></tr>

You can upgrade WinCC Flex Standard to Advanced with a Powerpack. The price is approx 900 Euro.

To have the HTML pages I am pretty certain you need an additional license. If it must be smartaccess or smartservice, I dont know. CharlesM probably does.

okay

Okay,

I think smartservice.

Another 900 euros to have the Engineering Software, goddamn

JesperMP said:
You can upgrade WinCC Flex Standard to Advanced with a Powerpack. The price is approx 900 Euro.

To have the HTML pages I am pretty certain you need an additional license. If it must be smartaccess or smartservice, I dont know. CharlesM probably does.