panelview 550 AIC slc 5/05

fischb22

Hi, A while back i found a thread here detailing the setup of a 5/05 for ethernet passthrough on the rs232 port

what i have is a panelview 550, that has 2 dh485 ports, an AIC that is connected to the plc,

i have a copy of the program and need to replace the existing panelview, but i cannot access either panelview from the laptop thru the ethernet, i do not have a real serial port so i cannot hook right up to it

about 2 weeks ago i did manage to connect just fine, and download the existing program, but when i tried to connect today, its not working.

Hi !

you mention that the Panelview has 2 x DH-485 port, plugged to the AIC. ( I assume only one is actually connected !)

How's is this all connected to the PLC, because the 5/05 has: 1 x Ethernet + 1 X RS-232 ....

there must be a RS-232 to DH-485 involved somewhere !

Just a thought: is the communication procotol setted for DH-485, rather than DF1 ?

Setup

Panelview dh485 plug to net-aic+ converter to rs232 on plc

pc to plc via eithernet

i have setup for using dh485 and DF1 with no luck in either configuration.

I have my laptop in the routing table,
i can see the plc in rslinx who, but not the panelview,

i have also tried using an 'empty' program(just the rack config, and channel config..

nothing seems to be working

the file i used last time on the proccessor to do a download, is not doing anything for me this time.

the PV and PLC are able to communicate, i just cant get the pass-through to work