PanelView Plus 600 to CompactLogix L32E

OZEE

I'm working on a new project. Trying to get a new RSViewME app to see my CompactLogix 1769-L32E. I'm alot-rusty with RSViewME.

Problem is that RSLinx Enterprise doesn't give me an option for the L32E. There's an L35E and a bunch of other options, but nowhere is there the processor I'm using. Consequently, I can't get the tags to connect.

All comms are over ethernet. Yes, the ethernet stuff is all configured ok. I can ping everything. I can download from my computer to the PVP. I am online with the PLC.

How do I add the L32E to RSLinx-Enterprise?

Everything appears ok when using "regular" RSLinx.

RSLinx Enterprise should treat the 1769-L32E and 1769-L35E exactly the same. Even if there's no selection for the 1769-L32E in the manually-added hardware list, you should be able to choose the -L35E and have the application work.

Since you describe downloading to the PV+ using RSLinx Enterprise and the Application Transfer tool, you muse be browsing the Ethernet using RSLinx Enterprise. Does the 1769-L32E not show up in the RSLinx Enterprise browse ?

Which edition of RSView Studio are you running ?

OZEE said:
I'm working on a new project. Trying to get a new RSViewME app to see my CompactLogix 1769-L32E. I'm alot-rusty with RSViewME.

Problem is that RSLinx Enterprise doesn't give me an option for the L32E. There's an L35E and a bunch of other options, but nowhere is there the processor I'm using. Consequently, I can't get the tags to connect.

All comms are over ethernet. Yes, the ethernet stuff is all configured ok. I can ping everything. I can download from my computer to the PVP. I am online with the PLC.

How do I add the L32E to RSLinx-Enterprise?

Everything appears ok when using "regular" RSLinx.

l32e_1.jpg

It should look like the above. The Ethernet I/P devices are usually 'sniffed out' by RsLinx Enterprise

Make sure the Ethernet Driver is browsing:

browsing_1.jpg

It's amazing what an upgrade will do. I had 3.10 - upgraded to 4.00, which we had but I had never installed...

Thanks guys.