plc help

Click and Automation Direct are good for this level of project and learning / hobby stuff. I would also add Unitronics to the list.

equip revised

pumps will require motor starters. they are 1.5 hp @15 amp rating. and solenoids are all around .4 inrush and.2 holding.
so for control equipment perhaps these will work.
CO-01ARD PLA ( has 6 outs @1 amp ea. that can be used on valve solenoids.) C0-01AC power supply 1.3 rated(which would power the the plc ONLY). 1 battery D2-BAT-1
1- C0-08TR (has 8 outs @1 amp ea. which can be used for both motor starters and valve solenoids.)(both motors not to run at the same time)
2- BM3RHB-1P6: (MMS 1.6A 45MM ROTARY) STARTERS (has a 20.8 trip rating for 15 amp motor)
1- 120vac x 24vac 10 amp step down transformer to use on co-08tr contacts to power the starters and some solenoids. 14 total outs works well.
additional stuff: fuses for both starters
programming chord

i have here 24vac 20 amp transformer, do you think that could be used in place of the 10 amp? seeing its just available amperage..

i have here 24vac 20 amp transformer, do you think that could be used in place of the 10 amp? seeing its just available amperage..
Yes, certainly. The only negatives are it will use slightly more magnetizing power that the 10 Amp, and will take up a little more space. If you got it, use it.