PLCS.net Group Formed at SETI@Home

David

It's been updated... Thanks Norm

You are getting closer.... perhaps I should start leaving my laptop on, as that is the only machine now running seti.

Paul

I do not trully think you will ever find anything on Radio Frequency.

Im interested on how you are looking at node point transfers, if you are at all.

I am totally in, if you have taken this into consideration.

Somewhat like hitting a guitar string, and holding your finger over the twelve fret, barely touching the sting, and you hear that high pitched sound.

Five level pulse amplitude mod will be a thing of the past, and why did we do it that way in the first place?

Why are we still trying to intercept German Stukas in Pluto, if those that are, can travel much faster.

Just give me some basics, and I will do much more than give you my computer.

Im a newbie, so of course forgive my crazy excitement. I have way way too much of that.

John

Well Johnny, just start reading this thread from the beginning, and set your computer up to run SETI full time...it will work your CPU a 100% load...sort of like an excelerated life test for your computer...my laptop puts out enough heat that I can turn down the heat here in the hotel room...

David

Sorry all, I'm a guest today...still have not recovered from the evil post in this thread last month...and last night I managed to delete the encription key for our wireless link here in the shop while trying to get back on line....Oh well, it looks like you are safe for a little while Paul...but I did pick up 4 relay racks filled with "goodies" last week at my local salvage yard, who knows, maybe I'll just have to put togeather a 'cruncher' like the one in the link above!!!

Look out Paul, here I come...I think......ahhh yes, I can smell ET just around the corner....crunch, crunch...I really need to ftnd my glasses so I can see what I am writing without backing up 6 feet.

David

Climate Prediction

Gents,

May I draw your attention to the other BOINC application that is worth supporting:

Climate Prediction

The great merit of this project is that every run of the model contributes directly to the result and to my taste it has a somewhat more "down to earth" utility.

There appear to be a number of SETI groups who have already extended their efforts to this project...personally I have dragged out a 2.8Gig P4 and run it up 100% for BOINC.