RS-Logix 5's address display (Split or single-line?)

I don't think there's an objective quantifiable advantage for one over the other. Just personal preference in readability and understanding. My preference is the split.

I agree totally with Bernie............except for the preference! I prefer single line which just goes to reinforce his point about it being down to personal preference.

I happen to like the single line method as well, but it helps to know how AB gets from B3:2/0 to B3/32. I do so much of my programming or edits nmeumonically that it involves fewer keystrokes, missed "shift" keys and less confusion if I go single line.

Similar Topics

Hi Guys, Is it okay to have Redundancy ControlLogix Processor IP address set to DHCP? I had Static IP address on it but removed it via RSLinx...
Replies
Views
Hello, I was wondering if there was a way to be able to change the IP address on the Micrologix 1400 through an HMI screen (say a panelview 800)...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm going to start programming a 1756-L73 and I'm still waiting for the full Studio5000 to be able to start at it in earnest. But I...
Replies
Views
I have my PLC and HMI connected to my local network over DHCP just like my laptop. I can upload and download including VNC to the HMI over wifi...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, I'm trying to get the IP address of my L33ER Compactlogix to show up on my PV+ 600. I know about answer 26779 and have tried it but I...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom